Pictures from today.

MBDale

Reaction score
The sandblasting didn't work out so well today. So I decided to take some pictures and update everybody. This is the car I was thinking on buying back in my first post 360 to replace 318.

image_1444003869576.jpg

image_1444004333960.jpg

image_1444004471140.jpg

image_1444004607353.jpg

image_1444004974797.jpg

MBDale

Reaction score
I a grill with the car, I'd say it's 'driver quality '. Also got black door panels without speaker holes and 5 factory aluminum 14 inch wheels.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Man,,,, I'd be lost without my MIG, and all the other tools and equipment out there in the garage. One thing I don't have that I'd really LOVE to have is a TIG welder but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Of course then it'd be great to have an English wheel, metal brake, lathe, press, a COMPLETE set of body hammers and dollies, shrinker/stretcher tools, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Of course the problem would be then, I'd need a bigger garage, which means I'd have to move. Only allowed 1,000 sq ft total of detached buildings and the garage (shop) is 720 sq ft and the storage shed is 280 sq ft. It goes off the size of the lot and size of house (1/2 acre and 1,000 sq ft in my case) to determine how much else you can have. Sigh........

Last edited:

MBDale

Reaction score
I don't have the car at home right now. Just waiting till I get a few more sheets up on garage walls because I'm finishing the inside of my garage . Mabey this weekend I'll bring it home. It's an hour and a half out of town.

MBDale

Reaction score
I'm hoping for the car to be running and driving for about May/June. I've got the trans and diff out getting rebuilt, stuff is on the go!

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Welding in a frame rail patch today because that section was totally rotten.

You know...before I saw that pic I was going to suggest that you toss a pair of the Auto-Rust Safe-T-Caps on the framerails...I did that with my coupe...the structure was noticeably stiffer...with the frame connectors having been added afterwards (welded in) you can literally tell how a lift of the frame on one side causes the whole car to lift as well...I'm sure things still do twist, but it is a LOT less compared to what it was like to start off with.

Back