Poor mans Hemi car.

joeblo

Reaction score
Not finished yet but looking much more like a car than it did before. Would like to go for a drive but still need registration and insurance. Hope to be out on the road in another month or so, but nothing about this project has been on schedule.

67789 046.jpg

67789 051.jpg

joeblo

Reaction score
When you reply and have your video on youtube you just click the filmstrip Icon and paste the whole url of your video on youtube.

Tried again to put up a video but I can't seem to figure out how to use YouTube. Maybe computers are not my thing. Sooner or later I will figure it out.

joeblo

Reaction score
Got my plate today. Went for a drive around town and all was good. Hit the main road and gave it a little gas and the "brand new" throttle cable snapped. Walked back home and here I sit. Cars suck! Off to the auto parts store to try again.

joeblo

Reaction score
Just a cheap piece, and maybe I stepped on it a little harder than I thought. Replaced cable and out for round 2. Running pretty strong and after warming up idling nice. Just cruising around maybe 10 - 15 miles than headed home to check things out. About half a mile from home I was feeling good than it happened, A lot or rattling and lost a lot of oil pressure. Thank God I was close to home. Tore the engine down and it appears that one of the exhaust seats fell out. Have not yet taken the head off (too damn hot) but the valve is not coming up as far as it should. Did I mention that cars suck!? Think I'm going to take a break for awhile and go shoot stuff.

ramenth

Reaction score
Yeah, just take a break. Get too frustrated and you're liable to shoot the car instead of targets.

And I want to see this car sitting in my backyard next fall! lol

hemijoe

Reaction score
do you have any pics of the oil pan you used I am putting a fresh 354 in my aspen wagon and would like to see what you used for a pan

Thank you

9secRR

Reaction score
there is something about a hemi that gives me a huge boner! dang that looks killer. your wagon is a sweet ride also.

hemijoe

Reaction score
there is nothing that sounds like a real hemi when you hit the key and she fires up and believe it or not this aspen is 100% canadian car
that is 100% rust free and all original

Back