Question about k-frame engine mounts on a J-body

72Dodge

Reaction score
Do a search on ebay for 340 motor mounts. I bought a set for installing in a street rod. Nice pieces if they are still on there!!

I actually already have motor mounts. They're the same as 318 ones for '73-'76 A-body, so that's not really an issue, it's the ears that have been cut off that is the issue. I still wish I could take on this project, I know in 10 years I'm going to regret not getting that car just like I regret selling all the cars that I sold in the '90s! (And, 340/360 motor mounts are different than 273/318 ones... well, one side is different).

72Dodge

Reaction score
OK, I ended up getting the car. It's in my garage. It has a few things that are worse than expected (most especially a very broken windshield, hope I can find one), but a couple things that were better. It's a solid car. I'll post up a wanted thread with the few parts I need soon, and will start a project thread with pics. I just read in another thread that the windshields are not available new anymore, so that could be an issue.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I'm sure if you call up a auto window company they should be able to get one.
I was able to get a brand new one from a local glass company a few years ago for my 5th

72Dodge

Reaction score
I hope so. A 5th/Diplomat is a much more common car. But if not, I'll go Lexan, not the best option, but it's always nice to have AN option!

Last edited:
Back