rear end options

tim berry

Reaction score
i have a general question for yall , i finaly have the cordoba running on kill and the rear springs are needing attention . what are you guys running out back and why . what im looking for is a decent ride and good handeling and ablity to hook when i need it too thanks in advance

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I just had my stock springs worked on. The shop re-arched them and turned the shorter ones around, then added 1/2 a leaf to the front half like super stock springs. The car no longer twists and squats in the pass side rear corner, it stands up just like super stock springs. I've heard of using b-body ss springs, but I think you need new hangers in the front because the front 1/2 of those springs is 2" shorter....I think.

CMX360

Reaction score
I have almost brand new 5 leaf springs for my t-top Mirada and a clean set of factory 5 leafs for my CMX courtesy of two heavy duty suspension parts cars I was lucky enough to find.

tim berry

Reaction score
thanks guys ,troy how does it ride and what kind of bushings did you use ,cmx i have the five leaf all ready but the bushings are shot and sagging alittle about a 1/2 " left to right thanks for the info

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It rides firmer but not harsh. The whole (5) family can ride without the rear sagging lower than the front. I still have the factory bushings and iso clamp setup. They were in great shape so I stayed with them.

tim berry

Reaction score
i put the polygrafite iso pads in a couple of yrs ago made a huge difference i like your idea for the reworked spring packs i have to look thru your photos so i can replicate them . sounds to be the most cost effective way to get what i want just have to source the bushings ,ill see what p.s.t or firm feel have thanks again

CMX360

Reaction score
I got all my bushings from Energy Suspension. Only thing I couldn't get through them was new torsion bar bushings. Got those from Moog.

tim berry

Reaction score
thanks cmx those bushings for the torsion bars are avilabe in poly from poly bushings .com how do you like yor ride and what shocks are you using thanks again

CMX360

Reaction score
I'm using gas shocks. Can't recall the brand. Shortly after getting it all done I blew a freeze plug and had to stuff it back in the garage so I didn't get much road time with it. There was a difference though. It felt more sure footed and felt tighter while cornering at speed. It was a low mileage car to start though so it wasn't to loose to begin with. If you have a high mileage car with completely dry rotted and squashed bushings I bet the difference would be night and day.

tim berry

Reaction score
thanks cmx the car is not real high mileage for its age, 91 k. but it has sat around. for extended periods. the front spring bushings are dry rotted. that's the down side the up side it all comes apart easily .

tim berry

Reaction score
I just had my stock springs worked on. The shop re-arched them and turned the shorter ones around, then added 1/2 a leaf to the front half like super stock springs. The car no longer twists and squats in the pass side rear corner, it stands up just like super stock springs. I've heard of using b-body ss springs, but I think you need new hangers in the front because the front 1/2 of those springs is 2" shorter....I think.

troy hate to be a pain but could you post a pic that so i have less to explain thanks in advance

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Mancini has them. P4120081

chucker54_2269_92016551.jpeg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I use those spring hangars with MP SS springs #454/455
The fuel lines have to be rerouted with these hangars

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I'll try to get a pic. up. After looking at them, I don't think they turned the springs around, just re-arched and added half a leaf to the front half. I think the arched them a little too much for my taste. A tad too high.

Last edited:
Back