Red interior for my 82 dober.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_Strange

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've been looking around for a while, basically what I need is Seats front and rear/headliner/doorpanel/backpanels/trim

I am in Joliet Illinois.

I prefer leather but I'm not going to be picky at this point.

As anyone, I prefer local pickup up to 150~ miles, however shipping is something I'll do for something in good enough shape.

Side note: I have White leather split bench seats and rear seats, overall real nice shape. In case your interesting in trading/buying

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Are you looking for split bench or buckets? I don't know for sure what's still there, but the car from which I got my console is a red bucket interior. Unfortunately, it's a Mirada so the interior is slightly different, but the parts would fit. The only thing I know for sure to be gone are the console and the tilt floor-shift steering column, both of which I bought several years back. I have to go out to the guy's place anyhow to look for something for my Challenger, so if you'd like I can see what's there and take pics. I'm hoping to get out there yet this weekend.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, this weekend isn't working out so well... but I'm hoping to get out there next weekend. He works third shift so it's hard to get our schedules aligned. He sent me some pics of the Challenger stuff I needed, and it's no better than what I've already got. Sadness. But I still want to snoop around, because I believe there's at least one good J-body windshield out there plus other things I need as well as your desired interior stuff.

I have the console, but I think all the floor-shift stuff is still with the car, including the tunnel bracketry. I'll have a look for you and see what he wants if you're interested.

Doc_Strange

Reaction score
Actually I just found a guy who has everything I need over in Akron. However, I'm still going to look for console parts. Basically what I need now is a console. I think for the sake of how expensive it'd be to get an matching floor shift trans and the fact that mine is already perfect (with under 61k on it) I'd rather convert it. My buddy with a 79' doba did it in his without a console. Just a B&M shift kit for his console auto.

However, I know a very large group of people on facebook who might have some interest in pieces, so if you could collect some info on what all the guy has and maybe his details of how to get ahold of him I could send a few through to him.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Floor-shift trans? You actually have a transmission without the two bosses? I've heard of them, but never seen one in pictures.

It's kind of a messed-up deal. The guy that owns the cars is in Georgia, but they're at a mutual friends' house about 15 miles from here... so putting anyone in direct touch with the owner isn't much help to anyone. Not to be an ass, but if he wants $50 for something, and I have to make arrangements to meet up with the guy who's got the car(s), make a trip out there and pull the parts, it's going to cost more than $50+shipping. I have to do the packing and shipping as well, so suffice to say I'll need a little something for the effort.

Doc_Strange

Reaction score
Some of the people on the page have bought full cars that were meant to be parted out. What I would do is go to this page and post info and see if anyone has things to make it worth your while.

Also I'm not sure what you refer to about the trans. I just have a standard 3 speed auto with column shift. I'd rather make that into a floor shifting trans. It's a simple conversion.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
the trans should have a ear on the tailshaft to mount the shifter for the floor shift

NoCar340

Reaction score
You made it sound like you needed a special transmission to do it. That's not the case... you just need the floor shifter parts. The factory unit is much nicer than a B&M "kleenex box" plopped onto the floor.

Doc_Strange

Reaction score
Oh no, I know you only need the parts and I don't plan on going the B&M cheapo route. I want the factory console look, but with bench seats not the buckets. I like the way the split bench seats are individually. Luckily the center pops right out.

I'm now just looking for a red console, and shifter parts. Sorry for the mix up.

Also: if worse comes to worse I'll take a console of another color. I work at a body shop so refinishing it in red is doable but I'd prefer not too for times sake.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, like I said I'm pretty sure the whole setup is in that red car, except for the console and the steering column. I don't have a red interior, so I took what I could get but if you happen across a tilt floor-shift column and console in good shape of another color, I'd definitely consider a swap.

Peek-a-boo! That's my garage attic. The column's up there too.

P5260034.jpg

P5260034.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Now to really get you itching... or maybe ruin your day, I dunno. :icon_biggrin:

P5260035.jpg

P5260035.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Heh. That's the one I had in my '81 LeBaron. I did the Corporate Blue on the pentastar myself as a little custom touch. Unless I can find another one in black, though, I don't think I want to get rid of it just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back