Sorry We Screwed Up Steele Rubber Products

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
So I ordered one pair of body weather stripping and one pair of the top rail weather stripping and none of it fit for the aspen. Needless to say I was pretty pissed off. As we all know weather stripping can be rather expensive for our old cars now days. So I called them up and asked them what they were gonna do about the 2 inch gap that I have around the door body and window and the guy says oh no we sent you the wrong weather stripping. I was like really you send me the wrong stuff that cost me $350 bucks a pop. So guy says we will send the brown truck right out to you ASAP and there will be no charge. I hate the little things that hold projects up like this. I mean really a coupe is not a four door is it.

I explained to the customer service it is pretty obvious the molding was not done correctly because it was way to then and not thick enough. I also explained to the customer service guy that the money was not a issue but if I was to pay for something it would be nice to have some thing that would fit and work and it is expected. I was told we would refund you well that pissed me off even more. I do not want the money back I want the right weather stripping for my project I am working on. I tried to express this all day with them and got nothing resolved except we will refund you. I explained to them that I was very unhappy with them that I have always been a long time customer and would like for the problem to be fixed and then again told only we will refund you.

So now since they do not want to send to me the right weather stripping the question is who else makes it for our vehicles that will fit? Steele Rubber is the best but they cant seem to get there shit together this time with the right products for my needs and to be honest I have lost my patients with them completely this time around.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well......that sucks.
You'll have to let us know if they correctly remedy this.
I'm planning on ordering a set myself so I'm personally pretty curious about the outcome....not to mention we tell pretty much everybody on here that they are the source to get seals....

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I wouldn't even waste my time with some customer "service" stooge. I would call them back, and when they ask if they can help you, I'd say "yeah, you can get me a supervisor". the pee-ons who answer phones don't have the authority to do jack, and they usually don't have a clue about the products. they're interchangable cogs, they could just as happily be answering the phone at taco bell..

greymouser7

Reaction score
Although this upsets me, this seems to be very typical with Mopar and other uncommon makes throughout the industry. Maybe not businesses like TTI, but even Edelbrock makes shit Mopar small block heads compared to their Ford, Chevy, etc. lines of products. It is because our cars are not the common mass production vehicles with mass common parts-this IS THE drawback of our hobby. Sorry this happened to you because I am saving up to buy from these guys as well-who else makes this stuff?

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Although this upsets me, this seems to be very typical with Mopar and other uncommon makes throughout the industry. Maybe not businesses like TTI, but even Edelbrock makes shit Mopar small block heads compared to their Ford, Chevy, etc. lines of products. It is because our cars are not the common mass production vehicles with mass common parts-this IS THE drawback of our hobby. Sorry this happened to you because I am saving up to buy from these guys as well-who else makes this stuff?

The problem is our vehicles do not get the respect that they deserve and it really pisses me off. I mean if your a Industry and a Business and your selling product to a Customer it is your responsibility as a Business to make sure the Customer has the right product that he or she is ordering. Not just saying hey we will refund you. Instead of saying okay we made a mistake and will send you the right product. Instead here is your money and oh yeah by the way you still half to buy weather stripping because were to stupid to want to help or try to resolve the problem with you.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So....essentially you're saying the weather stripping they profess to be for an F body....they don't actually have?...

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I have spoke to three people in regards to the weather stripping. All three have gave three different excuses. One said we sent the wrong product. The second one said you ordered for a four door when in fact I did not. A four door is not a coupe. The third one said we will refund you and I told him wait a minute let me send it back to you and you will see that it was made and formed wrong. He replied back we will refund your card once we receive the product back from UPS. I will just get it somewhere else I have became to aggravated to deal with anyone else about this issue. I think in one day half my hair has became grey er.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well that's just wrong....
Like I said.....Metro sells it too.

http://www.justmopar.com/store.php?crn=225

Considering there's at least two forums that deal with F bodies and Steele gets recommended regularly....it might be time to put the word out.

Steele.....so far has just effectively shot themselves in the foot.

I need to find out if others have had a fit problem....

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well not saying it would happen to anyone else but yeah they have loss my business to hold a project up because a company doesn't want to make any effort to resolve a issue with something I need badly will not get my business. You would not believe the stuff that they sent to me nothing fit and it looked like something out of a meat grinder. Oh well I hope others have better results with it.

Thanks for the link I will buy from them. There kit for all is almost $50 bucks cheaper to nice.

Last edited:

compubert

Reaction score
The problem is our vehicles do not get the respect that they deserve and it really pisses me off. I mean if your a Industry and a Business and your selling product to a Customer it is your responsibility as a Business to make sure the Customer has the right product that he or she is ordering. Not just saying hey we will refund you. Instead of saying okay we made a mistake and will send you the right product. Instead here is your money and oh yeah by the way you still half to buy weather stripping because were to stupid to want to help or try to resolve the problem with you.
Well, I caught this thread and had to chime in. The old man used to race dirt track, bombers and late models and occasionally short paved tracks back when I was a kid. I asked him "how come the Mopar cars all have wobbly wheels?" and he explained the guy that made wheels for ALL the race cars, didn't like DCP cars and made them crooked on purpose - just to piss off the guys since there was no one else making wheels. There were other examples of anti-favoritism too, no one would give them parts if they broke something, because the Mopars all had an edge anyhow... ;-)

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
So I figured I would send a email before ordering weather stripping from justmopar.com and this was there reply back to me. The Roof rail and trunk seals are Metro the door seals are Steele The RR was retooled about 2 years ago, the trunk seal is not a exact profile but does work Lol.

greymouser7

Reaction score
So I figured I would send a email before ordering weather stripping from justmopar.com and this was there reply back to me. The Roof rail and trunk seals are Metro the door seals are Steele The RR was retooled about 2 years ago, the trunk seal is not a exact profile but does work Lol.

pics of the install when possible please

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
That's just it I have not ordered them yet. Not sure I want to with different parts from different vendors Lol. Metro told me today they don't have the body weather stripping but they do carry the roof rail weather stripping. That being said I have sent Jim a pm with this problem to see if he can help me with seals.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Thought I would share some information with you guys. Before you order weather stripping from Steele Rubber Products you might want to know that they buy a lot of the top rail weather stripping from Metro Lol. Thank You.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thought I would share some information with you guys. Before you order weather stripping from Steele Rubber Products you might want to know that they buy a lot of the top rail weather stripping from Metro Lol. Thank You.

Good to know!
Any updates on yours?

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Nope. Not sure how I will get the weather stripping. Remember I bought mine from Steele and it would not fit and then when I went to order some from Metro the guy says they get there's from Steele. So I have no clue what to do. I mean really how hard can it be to build a piece of weather stripping that doesn't leave a 2 inch gap all the way around a door and or a window. I have bigger issues taking another heater core out of a dash at the moment. I hate those damn things. I have changed three heater cores out in 7 days working on third one now it went out in wife's truck. Has been pretty cold here. If it weren't for bad luck what would we do right. :eusa_wall:

Last edited:
Back