Spark Plugs and Wires

Justwondering

Reaction score
The truck as 239,000+ miles on it.
Its getting new rear tires tomorrow. Rears are moving to the front and the leftovers are going out to central texas for the equipment my brother bought.

I tried using the spark plug socket with the insert that came with my Klutch socket set, but the diameter was too large. I'll have to go purchase a smaller one.

I've definitely learned my lesson about basic maintenance on the spark plugs and wires. Not a big dollar cost but a huge performance improvement.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I won't cross the different spark plug bridge either except to say, it's best to use what ever type the manufacturer suggests, whether it's our cars and copper core or newer ones with platinum tip and now iridium tip.
Fixed a 2012 Nissan that had a misfire under light load. the engine, ignition and engine management were designed to use iridium but someone had put regular platinum tip in. Since I could come up with nothing else, swapped them for a set of iridium plugs and wouldn't you know it? Ran like a champ again. That's my boring story from work for the day:p

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t know a thing about Aspen500’s engine build, other than it is recent (or I think it is recent). That said, I would also think his engine is built to today’s specs and oil consumption is also at today’s specs. I also think his build would benefit with the newer plugs.

I have no idea what plugs he is using – which might be platinum or iridium. I guess we need to ask . . . (or is that for another thread?)

Back