FOR SALE Spontaneously customized '76 Aspen Halo top 318 four speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've seen this Aspen before for sale. Now it returns to EB with a freshly smashed rear quarter in addition to the punched in hood. It has a weird history if I remember correctly from the prior listing some time ago. It looks like it could be very nice with some body work. 318 four speed HALO top with only 8500 original claimed miles. Hummm. Somebody need to help this vehicle out!
1976 Dodge Aspen Low price class | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Motorhead80R/T

Reaction score
I love this car,, But no luck with red,, all four of my red cars got crashed into,, including my 76 r/t,,I`m not gonna take another chance on red,,LOL

4speedjim

Reaction score
Pretty clean except for the damage. Seems like a lot given the current condition. It must have been a southern car.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It must be me but I think that Halo top is fugly, it would be gone if it were mine.....
I think there " rare " because It looks like a poorly done aftermarket roof......

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I like the halo top. I think it follows the lines of the roof nicely and it's unusual to see one. Looks better than the typical full vinyl roof of so many other cars. This car may be priced a bit high, but on the other hand, it only has 8500 miles. It's hard to price because of the low miles, but the body work needed. The hood would be easy, but that rear quarter, that could be a $$ problem. If I remember correctly, the car was bought originally by somebody with a drinking problem who somehow wound up losing his license or something, and the car just sat for years. I like the colors also, but not a fan of the standard cloth interior. I still think this car could be a real find for the right buyer. Hope it finds a good home - it's needs one.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I hadn't noticed the seats, it has the same interior my 76 Volare had,
I'd like to find a nice black back seat at this piont.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
So, tomorrow morning, the auction ends for this coupe. As of now, there are no bids on it. This is such a strange car, the mileage is so low, but it needs work. I read the listing again, and in addition to the obvious crunched rear quarter and the hood, it seems to also need front fenders replaced with the NOS fenders included. The bidding starts at $4500, and BIN price is $6000. Both are obviously too high given the work it needs, and the fact of NO bids. But, I still think this is a very nice looking coupe, I like the colors, I like the halo roof, I love that it's a 318 four speed, and I could live with the standard bench interior. And yet, with all that body work needed, and may as well do a full repaint afterwards, what is this thing really worth as is? I really don't know. Also, regardless of the super low mileage, what is the potential rust situation underneath given that the fenders have rust. From the pics provided, it appears the frame rails are good, but it's from New Hampshire so....salt? Hummm. I'd say maybe $2000 to $3000 if not rusted underneath? Any other thoughts?
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I really dig the stripp-o nature of this car, but agree with @old yellow 78 about its value. As it sits there's 3-5G left in body and paint. That's if you do it yourself and there are NO hidden rust issues.
If I was spec-ing an F body to a broker to find for me, this car would be on the radar (I could live without the mullet-top, but that's a relatively easy "fix"), but the buy-in is too high.

Less than 2 hrs remaining and still 0 bids.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I could be interested in the roller.... without the bodywork required. But the powertrain would be up for sale as fast as I could get it outta there. It's just too far away for me. Besides, I'm kindof more interested in a wagon...... an early A wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back