Square Assed Chevy Mustangs

Justwondering

Reaction score
Alright, after the doctor visit this week (today-Friday), I was driving my husband home. We took the 350 Powerstroke so I could haul about 8,000 to 9,000 pounds of rock home to continue building up our all weather road. It's a big long truck (4 door crew cab, 1997) and a dump trailer just as long (gooseneck, load trail).

Its a Friday, our early afternoon doctor visit puts us in rush hour getting out of the big city (Dallas/Plano). We sit up a lot higher than most of the cars. After I hook up the trailer and start hauling I notice there seem to be more than the usual amount of short, low, new, square-assed mustangs determined to take off my left front quarter panel.

Apparently, these nitwits must believe my load is cotton-candy and light as a feather.

Then my husband points out that all those mustangs are actually dodges and chevys as well as mustangs. So we began keeping score of how many Chevy Mustangs, Dodge Mustangs, and Ford Mustangs were driving out there.

I swear-- from my vantage point, they all have the same square ass. Different logos and some slight difference in rear lights. They basically all look the same.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzXNytoby-YUeFQX9CESm1YxHloK27JqhStg1ae-JLFV6It0P13A.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGJ3u6ekJMEklykIYwWDK4W69kLbup0FnBPnln_SAqo2d9-2gBGQ.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpbUqmV54ox-zSQu35_y0nObXRAvm_7HFiAJLkUCNWvq3Jg-x9.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaqsyY6elLSlHhaWpewvRc8OmHQ9WAD_Uuzukkz_z9DCbqloZE.jpg

They are all driven by the same nimrod using a freaking cellphone:
upload_2016-3-4_20-34-21.jpeg

Heavy rock:
upload_2016-3-4_20-46-24.jpeg

Not a trailer of cotton candy:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9XxcyZpz1hWZAtZk3V1ZNYJbzgce1ErrqVE00MqRanVk8Cltm.jpg

I just want to get out of the truck and kick the crap out of the idiot behind the wheel.

But, I won't. This is the third doctor visit this week. Over 500 miles driven and again, nothing done on the house, nothing done on the 5th Avenue.

Just a wonderful afternoon with 70 degree weather, windows down, laughing at the nimnuts driving by and insulting every one of those cutesy squat cars as square assed dodge/chevy/ford mustangs. He had a great time and we both laughed a lot.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more.
When I was a kid I could name almost every car I saw. You could easily tell the difference between them.

Now if you don't see the nameplate you can't tell one blobmobile from another.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Remember being in school and the teacher telling you to not allow the person next to you to see your answers? Quite the opposite today. The designers are soo afraid to stray into designs that would be risky. True the retro Challey is the most throwback to a 1971 Challey, but the Camaro and Mustang are from the same school of thought and design. All the 4 door sub- compact are designed from shared answers in the classroom. No original though. Everyone is afraid to take risk, some marketing "suit" or team of suits is running projections to see if the design would fare well. Fortune telling is a scam and illegal in most states, but these speculators are paid to tell the future. Only a few years ago, Dodge stopped production on the Magnum Wagon. No one could tell why. Nothing else like it on the road, option 5.7 or even a 6.1 SRT, good sales, not a bad mark... Did it step on toes of crossover SUVs by Dodge or the precious minivan? Or the new to hashed out Durango was too risky for competition? Skip ahead to 2016, Caddy makes a vicious wagon, the German cars have some cool wagons - even diesel ones, Ford, and the Japanese imports. All but Dodge have some wagon with a sloped back glass (Like a 55 Nomad). Now, my future ex wife was bich'n more and more about our van and like a sap, I exchanged it for a Honda and the depression is suffocating. We used to be able to go to the school to pick up the kids with the van and it was a sea of grey, silver, champagne crossover suvs. Our kids could spot the van from their classrooms. Other parents would chat with us almost always about the van, but always with "i wish we could own one.... but". Yet many of them would always accidentally go to the wrong car (crossover Suv) because they all look alike. I can't stand having a car that someone else might own. I hate the "me too" car. Here in suburbia hell, it is all the same. The only save is ripping through the neighbor hood in my Volare' or sneaking low in the street scraper truck (My SS/T Ram). Better than any Xanax for sure. I dare folks to be different in their choice of rides!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Remember being in school and the teacher telling you to not allow the person next to you to see your answers? Quite the opposite today. The designers are soo afraid to stray into designs that would be risky. True the retro Challey is the most throwback to a 1971 Challey, but the Camaro and Mustang are from the same school of thought and design. All the 4 door sub- compact are designed from shared answers in the classroom. No original though. Everyone is afraid to take risk, some marketing "suit" or team of suits is running projections to see if the design would fare well. Fortune telling is a scam and illegal in most states, but these speculators are paid to tell the future. Only a few years ago, Dodge stopped production on the Magnum Wagon. No one could tell why. Nothing else like it on the road, option 5.7 or even a 6.1 SRT, good sales, not a bad mark... Did it step on toes of crossover SUVs by Dodge or the precious minivan? Or the new to hashed out Durango was too risky for competition? Skip ahead to 2016, Caddy makes a vicious wagon, the German cars have some cool wagons - even diesel ones, Ford, and the Japanese imports. All but Dodge have some wagon with a sloped back glass (Like a 55 Nomad). Now, my future ex wife was bich'n more and more about our van and like a sap, I exchanged it for a Honda and the depression is suffocating. We used to be able to go to the school to pick up the kids with the van and it was a sea of grey, silver, champagne crossover suvs. Our kids could spot the van from their classrooms. Other parents would chat with us almost always about the van, but always with "i wish we could own one.... but". Yet many of them would always accidentally go to the wrong car (crossover Suv) because they all look alike. I can't stand having a car that someone else might own. I hate the "me too" car. Here in suburbia hell, it is all the same. The only save is ripping through the neighbor hood in my Volare' or sneaking low in the street scraper truck (My SS/T Ram). Better than any Xanax for sure. I dare folks to be different in their choice of rides!

I accept that dare......and have for years. My current daily driver is my Fifth Ave.....and we ain't talking about no pretty Fifth Ave. It's got cop wheels, a loud exhaust and you can hear and see me coming three blocks away. I absolutely love it.

I also love the reactions I get in it say at the lights or in a parking lot. Those reactions range from pity for that poor guy stuck driving that old car which is usually from the Porsche SUV wankers (is there really anything more pretentious) to Wow! What a cool car. I've been driving along countless times only to look over and see someone with an ear to ear grin giving me a thumbs up. I guess that's the point though. I actually GET a reaction instead of being just another anonymous androgynous blob of breathing meat in a indecipherable jelly bean "vehicle".

I absolutely refuse to buy a newer car. I can't stand them. My wife has the Scamry and you couldn't pay me to drive it. We go to the trailer every weekend from about April to October. I could take her car and save a ton on gas but not a chance. I want to hear that 318. I want to feel the road and the car. I don't want to look out my windshield and see the nose of my car roll down like it either melted or somebody forgot to finish it. I want to see that beautiful long hood with the Pentastar proudly sitting there. I'll keep this car going for the rest of my life if I can. If not because some clown creams into it or something.....then screw it. I'll buy another one. Or an old B or C body. But I will NEVER get suckered into buying one of those homogenized neutermobiles.....and of course I always have my toys too. The Caravelle and the Volare.

Damn I love these cars.

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
At the shop, we always have a mixture of just wrecked blob cars, but without question, its the 65 Fastback Mustang, 57 T-Bird, 55 Bel Air, 64 Impala, 77 C10, 47 Chevy, and my 80 Mirada that draws everyone to them....and then you will hear a great reminiscing story about way back when. I don't ever remember anyone walking briskly to check out the new Jetta, or the Accord, or that mini van....nobody cares. Older cars are the new black!
--- Post updated ---

David Clark

Reaction score
I feel the same way, GAWD I Can't stand these New Cars, pure friggin disposable Junk. They have no Character, No Class. You look at the Cars from the 60's and 70's and each one of them has their OWN Personality, even if they are Identical. The Grille's were friggin AWESOME. Like the Old Darts, Demon's, Chargers, Challenger's and Cuda's. They are all unique even if they are identical. Yeah, My New/Used Aspen is Rusting all to hell and back but it's got Friggin Character. A Personality. I would love to have the money to Restore it, but if I don't, No big deal, It still Looks good me. same with the Dart, and the Roadrunner I have. They will all be Daily Drivers eventually and each Blemish adds to the Character of it to me. So sick and tired of seeing the same damn cars rolling down the street that all look Identical. Even the paint Colors on today's Cars suck ass.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I"m glad you guys vented out your frustrations, I don't think I could have said it any better.

Back