!st post new to me F boby owner

root

Reaction score
Figured I do the right thing and post my 1st post here.
Owned a few MOPAR's over the years some real survivors others modified to snot.

Bought a 1978 road runner last month and been working on/with it as I have time.

Got some newer local history on it on another forum and such. found this site looking for parts.

No plans to sell the thing just plans to make it "better" starting with the rust and the wiring. (Altenator is good but battery isn't charging for one thing)

Have a lot of plans for the car and that translates to a lot of work over the next few months or year.
Probably just going to drive it as is this summer see what it needs,then rip it apart this winter.
Although I have already started working on it while I wait for the antique plate to come back.

Plan on keeping the body/stripes original but changing/replacing everything else.

That's ma story and I'm stick'n to it!
Rich

gtsdude

Reaction score
Welcome to the board! Any pics of the new hot rod?

root

Reaction score
20150521_190538_zpsavcam3pw.jpg

20150521_190528_zpscpkmd1kz.jpg

20150526_110855_zpsgaizltdn.jpg

20150526_110901%201_zpsrd7qh8de.jpg

20150526_110922_zpsowq1loci.jpg

You asked and I have more. LOL
Tee tops 3 speed manual with OD 318 with edel manifold and 4bl. dual flowmasters tank centered right to make it work.
NOT the survivor it was advertised as.

THIS is a survivor. just hit 66K with it last week bought it with 42K everything original right down to the factory radio and factory 350 vett engine. Getting a muffler on it today. Sorry anout the Bow tie pic PLEASE don't dsend me to BANNED CAMP! ;)

hearse_zpscpxvruhk.jpg

Tim thanks for the wishes but luck is sitting this one out. with 4 cars (2 mopar) I need time, not luck or money. LOL

Since I brought it home the kids at advanced auto have told me this:

THERE IS NO 1978 ROAD RUNNER... EVER!
My altenator is off of a volkswagon.
I haven't tested a part this old in 10 years.. ( guy looked preplexed finding the cable for the brushes to test it)
There was never a 318 in a roadrunner..

And these things have been said in just two trips to advanced auto.

Last time I was in I just asked for a 1978 volare still got a strange look.

Rich

Back