Subframe swap help please

Aspen500

Reaction score
I had a set of the Mopar solid mounts on my car for years (now have poly). They were actually Direct Connection parts, so that kind of dates them. IIRC, I sent them to Phil (RIP). Pretty sure the idea was to duplicate them in some form. That was a few years ago so I just can't remember anymore.:confused:

This was mentioned by BudW and welding the seams of the K is a good idea if possible. The one in my car was welded together by a chimp it seems. Some welds completely missed the seam, others looked like a bird flew over and some areas seemed to be missed altogether. Maybe it was a Monday, lol. I spent quite a bit of time fully welding every seam and dressing them all smooth, and feel a whole lot better about trusting the k-frame now.:D

Last edited:

tubtar

Reaction score
Stock type don't exist anywhere. You can use poly mounts (I got mine from ESPO Springs 'n Things, great people there) or solid aluminum from Firm Feel. The poly ones can also be had from other places even though they may not list them for F-body, they're the same as '73 and up B body. Call ESPO though, you'll be glad you did.

I'm on lunch at work but if I had the time, I post links for you but luch is over, time to get back to work.:cool:
Great advice............ordered a kit today after a couple days of head scratching.
And they say they won't fit , but they sure look the same to me.

Back