Super Six frustrations

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
So I have my new muffler, going to work on getting it installed tomorrow, should let the old girl exhale a little easier! Also in the works of sourcing out a small holley or motorcraft 2 barrel to try on her. I think the Carter may be a little sensitive to the bumps, pot-holes, dips, turns and hills where I live... Seems to be doing quite well the last couple days beside the radical inclines and curves around my house.

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
So an update for anyone watching... I swapped out the BBD that was on the car when we got it with a fresh one that has new throttle bushings, and had the exhaust shop replace the muffler for me. Between the two I have got AMAZING results! I can start it with just two pumps and a tap of the key in the morning, and was able to bring the timing down quite a bit and have it idle at a nice low rpm. No missing, sputtering or hesitating. Also hasnt seemed to have any issues with our hills so far. :glasses1:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Oldskoolracer:

Did to check the muffle to see if it was the problem, or was it just the carburetor? If you didn't, what do you thinkg it was?

Kostas

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
I did the carb before the muffler. I do feel the muffler was a big part, alot of crud came out when he cut it out of the car. The carb was the starting issue in the morning, but the restricted exhaust was pretty plugged causing most of the driveability and dieseling issues. The old carb had worn throttle shaft holes, and the bowl cover/ air horn was warpped causing an internal vacuum leak...

Back