Suspension breakdowns

ramenth

Reaction score
Seems like the suspension set up for the F/J/M's is the biggest source of confusion for a lot folks. Here's some of the FSM exploded diagrams:

K-frame.jpg

torsion bar assy.jpg

rear iso's.jpg

K-frame.jpg

torsion bar assy.jpg

rear iso's.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
They helped me Robert...I even downloaded them to my home computer for future referance...this one is different for me now...I got rid of the rubber sandwich....

attachment.php

ramenth

Reaction score
They helped me Robert...I even downloaded them to my home computer for future referance...this one is different for me now...I got rid of the rubber sandwich....

attachment.php

The rear iso's are usually the first thing to go when you want to do suspension mods. The front has a few mods to do, like replacing the iso's there, but getting rid of these make a marked improvement in handling.

L98TPI

Reaction score
Are those leaf spring isolation rubber blocks available in poly? If you yank them out how would you make up the space if you don't have harder iso blocks? TNX

klb6469

Reaction score
I went with Energy Suspension on all my bushing, and yes they sell rear spring isolators. If your going that far, do the pivit and shackle bushings. Tightens up the rear of the car.

L98TPI

Reaction score
This new idler arm seems to have a lot of slop in it. Is this right, or did I get boned?
(video deleted)

Last edited:

L98TPI

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I got boned so I got another....details. Confucius say picture worth 1000 words, I say video is worth one million words. :)
[video=youtube_share;AWs00MwXovo]http://youtu.be/AWs00MwXovo[/video]

Last edited:

L98TPI

Reaction score
The new one is very hard to turn and takes a stout pair of pliers to move. It has the pre load you would expect. I wanted to put my experience here as a warning for those that here come later. Someone getting into suspension the first time may have wasted a lot of effort before they realized it was a defective part. Now if the weather lifts I can get back on it and make 5TH dive right.

mark

Ed Dorey

Reaction score
So how would I get rid of the rubber isolators? Do you Is there another bracket you could use without the rubber iso?

Back