T top seals

My imp

Reaction score
I was told during a discussion about lack of availability of t top seals that Mustang seals can be used. Anyone else heard this before? I mean if that's the case, I'd think the seal manufacturers would jump all over this & quadruple the price for Mopar offerings!

CMX360

Reaction score
I haven't heard this. I've heard that B-dody seals will work but I don't see how that can be true either. Luckily the ones I have aren't too bad.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
only way to find out is to get some from different vehicles and fit em. I know the gm g-body has pretty big T-tops that MIGHT be close

My imp

Reaction score
That was my first guess, but I'm not going to start a seal collection. Only 2 guys I knew with Regal T Types; 1 is dead, the other lives in Fla.. Seal companies won't even give you the time of day,"nope, don't have anything". If they had something that was close, they could slightly modify it & tell me how they spent so much R/D & quadruple the the price like everyone else. I don't even know if it would be worth trying to track down an ex ASC employee. Mitchell Motors used to have decent prices, but I guess they sold & the new owners are so proud of everything they put enough sentimental value on everything as if they were being asked to sell their favorite marble. I didn't ask, but I'm sure they won't give me a discount if I bring my own wig & lipstick to use before they....

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Closest thing I have is a pair of cutty t-top glad back at my parents. Been wanting to do the conversion foot a long time on my dart, my buddy was cleaning out his garage and had a couple pairs of glass and said I could have a pair, of course they were way to big for the dart. But of course they are back up at my parents and the soonest I'm goin up there us to visit during x-mas and by then they'll be buried under snow

Last edited:
Back