The Rescue of a 1984 Plymouth Fury

Coronet 14

Reaction score
New here. Today I rescued a 1984 Fury that had been sitting for at least 3 years. Car has a Bed sheet for a Headliner. An old Carpet Dash cover. When I rescued the Car it had 3 flat Tires. Pictures of the Car in the Driveway were taken when I got the Car home.

009.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

019.JPG

023.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Welcome Coronet 14! Your Fury looks like a nice find. Is is black or dark blue? What's under the hood? /6,318,360? What are your plans for it? Appreciate the pics - we like pics! I also like that Coronet lurking in the garage in the background. What's going on with that one?

Coronet 14

Reaction score
It appears that the Fury was rattle canned Black on most of it. It appears that the original color is dark Brown. I was able to get it running and drove it onto the trailer. Drove it off the Trailer at my House. Car is a 318 with front brakes only and no Radio. I'm going to do some work to it and drive it. The Coronet I've been working on it for a few years now. Still not even close to being done but I drive it. Trying to find some upper quarter panel sheet metal for the Coronet. I rescued the Coronet from North Carolina.

Coronet 14

Reaction score
I would like to find the rear Bumper filler piece and a couple of Taillights for the Fury. Someone went crazy with the Skull theme on the car.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, its nice to see your project. This is the place to be for help with your new mopar.

Coronet 14

Reaction score
I would like to get the proper pentastar emblem for the front if someone has one to sell. That Skull has to go

Coronet 14

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the interior color is considered cream or tan. I found a set of tan sun visors. Not sure though that they will match. The car is also missing the front pillar trim.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
That Skull has to go
Never understood the appeal of that. They just look stupid to me. I'm sure you can find a Pentastar on EB.
It appears that the Fury was rattle canned Black on most of it. It appears that the original color is dark Brown.
Too bad they didn't leave it alone. I like dark brown on cars. However, black is interesting too on this Fury with the light colored interior. I would call the interior color "parchment."

Aspen500

Reaction score
I think you are looking at the torsion bars, they're transverse just behind the radiator. The sway bar runs through the center of the k-frame.

Green grass, leaves on the trees, short sleeve shirt, I'm jealous, lol. There's nothing but white, white, and more white around here.:(

Coronet 14

Reaction score
That would make sense. I didnt see the torsion bars going to the trans crossmember. The underside of the car is covered in spider webs and eggs. What Shocks are you all running on these cars

Aspen500

Reaction score
For shocks, you are severely limited in choice. I've got KYB Gas-a-Just on my car and am happy with them and the price is darn reasonable.
If you've never had an F/M/J body before, you'll find certain parts are seemingly made from unobtainium. Most of the usual parts (ball joints, tie rod ends, etc) are readily available while torsion bars pieces (for example) are in the unobtainium category it seems.

Poly

Reaction score
What are those two ? contraptions ? under the air cleaner snorkel ?

Duke5A

Reaction score
Heater core inlet/outlet are plugged. I bet the core is bad and the previous owner just plugged it rather than fix. It's a big job and you won't find new ones that fit. They're advertised, but the dimensions are wrong. I had my factory one re-cored at a local radiator shop.

Poly

Reaction score
Welcome Coronet 14! Your Fury looks like a nice find. Is is black or dark blue? What's under the hood? /6,318,360? What are your plans for it? Appreciate the pics - we like pics! I also like that Coronet lurking in the garage in the background. What's going on with that one?

Yes, welcome Coronet ! I'd agree, nice find ! Mostly cosmetic stuff and maybe a light powerwash underneath.

Coronet 14

Reaction score
Today Drained the syrup out of the Engine. Flushed out the muddy swamp water from the Radiator and block. The Engine compartment is swarming with small biting bugs. Nowhere else on the car but the Engine compartment. I plan on fixing the Heater Core later. I just ordered a service manual for it. I have figured out that the car has some different colored body panels on it under the black. I'm trying to decode the paint and interior codes. I wrote down the Mopar codes but they don't match any of the codes on the fender tag.

Back