There is a god !!!!

Volare4life

Reaction score
so here i am feeling all depressed and stuff and the volare dieing on me on friday, spun a rod bearing in the neon yesterday, posted a bunch of ad's all over various cities of florida, got a reply back from a guy named scott, his grandad just passed so him and his brother are selling their grand fathers mopar collection off well what they can and scrapping the rest, all the parts are located in louisville Ky, he's got 3 or 4 running 170's, and 2 running 225's, did they ever make a 2x4bbl manifold for the slant ?? pics ?? they have small blocks for days, running 383's 440's and even have a 426 hemi on the stand ready to drop in for around $10k, any way I am at a cross road in my life, i can get another running slant and tranny for dirt cheap, oh and hes got a 420a running engine as well for the neon, or I can go with a big block, running, drop in with my swap mounts etc. I really don't know what to do right now, I am gonna ask him if i can post his contact info here if anyone else is looking for mopar/slant aspen parts, hes a chevy guy and just wants to get rid of this stuff, I have wanted a big block in the volare for the longest time, but i have so much time and money invested in the slants, and you guys have always been sooooo very helpful, i just don't know right now, and his grand dad was an aspen nut, so they got tons of parts out there right now for them !!

-Mike

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
to bad they're in KY, I need a pair of coupe doors

but back to what your asking about, what do your really wanna do to the volare? in the end do you want to do the BB swap? if so nows the time...its a sign
or do you just want to get it up n running asap? if so then throw another slant in it, and get the BB stuff for later down the road?
offenhauser sell 4bbl and dual 2bbl intakes for the slants

alf44

Reaction score
mr lopar. are you still in the sticks of wis? i have a set of doors in south Mn

Duster80

Reaction score
I live in Louisville, do you have contact information? I would like to have a super six intake.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I've seen all kinds of screwy intakes for Slant Sixes: Dual Weber 2V side-draft, quad Dellortos, ITBs, and even a sheetmetal Hilborn injection setup. I've never seen a dual-quad intake for one, and to be honest I can't imagine why anyone would make one. You just can't move enough air through a tiltbanger.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Oh, did I miss that in the reading?

There are dual 1V intakes as well. Sort of a split Super Six arrangement. :icon_biggrin:

Volare4life

Reaction score
I have wanted a BB swap since i bout the car 10yrs ago, i was a fool and tore down a running 400BB and the 727 backing it 6yrs ago......... should have just left it be and dropped it in and called it a day, and no nocar you read right, what scott told me was the slant was in a roundy round car and had a dual 4bbl manifold on it. we will see gentlemen

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Oh, did I miss that in the reading?

There are dual 1V intakes as well. Sort of a split Super Six arrangement. :icon_biggrin:

No Sir.....apparently I missed it.
I just re read the original post and he was indeed asking about a dual 4 setup.
My apologies. :oops:

NoCar340

Reaction score
You gotta admit, though, a dual-quad Tilt would be pretty gnarly-lookin'... :eusa_dance:

Volare4life

Reaction score
SOHC and "neon" DOHC and mitsu/chrysler 420a DOHC engines all share the same block, there is an oil restrictor in the back right corner, thats the only difference between the normal flow neon and the reverse flow head, both sohc and dohc engines are drop in, just need to rewire a few things, FI connectors and a few other things, mitsu reverse flow heads are better for mounting turbos :) I got a boneyard engine, swapped heads with my blown motor, boneyard engine had bad compression on the last cylinder

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I've seen all kinds of screwy intakes for Slant Sixes: Dual Weber 2V side-draft, quad Dellortos, ITBs, and even a sheetmetal Hilborn injection setup. I've never seen a dual-quad intake for one, and to be honest I can't imagine why anyone would make one. You just can't move enough air through a tiltbanger.

100% correct as usual

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My Super Six BBD is moving what?...2 and change cfm?
With the Offy....with no cam change I'm maxing at 3 and change (390) I think

Still a nice little lift.

Last edited:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I had a 390 holley w/ an offy 4bbl intake and that might have been overkill with will a comp cam, over-sized valves, ported and milled head and headers...everything has its limits...the smallest 4bbl I ever heard of is a 390 and ( there might be smaller but I dont know) even a 600 cfm 4bbl on a slanty is to much....like maybe and I mean MAYBE it you were boosting and had a forged crank block and maxed the bore and put a high duration cam ported the head and such could it be remotely possible. would defiantly not be street able. I would rather go with a tipple Weber intake or something like that first. Remember more carb NEVER means more performance. you have to think about everything else first.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I would think that s 390 would be street able on a modified Slant 6. Might be more streetable than triple deuces (I am always questioning fuel distribution issues with triple deuces, on any engine short of a V12).

Kostas

Back