Thermoquad rebuild kits

Locomotion

Reaction score
Asking around for opinions:

Of the TQ rebuild kits that are available, Standard 657C and Walker15543C appear to be for some of the same applications and most popular.

The Walker kit appears to have more gaskets, so I assume it's more "universal". Is one kit a better buy or is there another source that's better with similar kits?

My TQ applications would range from 1972 to about 1976, both sizes, including the 9800 series.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Of the TQ’s that Chrysler used, there are four main gasket/rebuild kits used"
’71 340 (which is all by itself)
The early, mid and late TQ’s, which I refer to the “outstanding (early)”, the OK (mid)” version and the “junk (late)” TQ’s.

Some kits work for all three, but most are for one or sometimes two of the three versions mentioned above.

I sent you an email (not a PM, sense I couldn't attach that file) that talks more about the different kits and kit part numbers – so hopefully that will help you (on page 20 (of 26).

Other than jets and linkage, the main TQ parts (top, base and middle) will not interchange between the early, mid or late TQ’s – which means all gaskets are different between the three versions, as well.
BudW

Back