Thermoquads for dual 4's & or blowers

My imp

Reaction score
With the superior metering/economy available through the Thermoquad carb, I was wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who used them for multiple carb applications? I really think an STR-14 or15 with (2) detailed and set up TQ's would look incredible! The amount of time spent at idle & part throttle vs. the amount at WOT may make this set up worth trying out. Thank you,Larry

83Imp

Reaction score
I've never seen nor heard of a mopar spreadbore dual quad manifold. Not saying it wouldn't look cool though. You may be able to make a square bore manifold work with adapter plates.... or just go with the early 60's cross ram manifolds and adapter plates! :icon_super:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Edelbrock D66 manifold is what your looking for use with spreadbore carbs.

Will you be using this in a blown application?
If so, the intake needs a common plenum(connecting the front and rear carbs together for proper A/F ratio to all cylinders)

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
Would the TQ's even fit the D66? You can easily open it up for spread-bore, however, would idle screws, vac. ports, etc clear on an inline manifold? No blower, would like to keep it under hood. I like the looks of an STR intake, with those 2 TQ's out on display. Thank you, Larry

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
IDK, its for Carters and Edelbrock carbs. A Holley wont bolt up to it.

I googled, "edelbrock d66" and that brought me to a thread on FABO, that was asking what carbs to run......

My imp

Reaction score
I've never seen nor heard of a mopar spreadbore dual quad manifold. Not saying it wouldn't look cool though. You may be able to make a square bore manifold work with adapter plates.... or just go with the early 60's cross ram manifolds and adapter plates! :icon_super:
Yeah, what he said!

Back