Reaction score
Back out.
Only 2 months of green cruising left.
Got 1700 miles in it so far this year.
082318bt.jpg
082318ht.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Drove the car to work Wednesday and Thursday this week, adding another 60 miles or so. Thought I had more miles but close as I can figure, only about 450 so far this year.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
Will be going to a local car show tomorrow. The weather has been real nice the last couple days.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Drove the car to work every day last week for a total of 150 miles, plus a couple three last weekend. Grand total to date is now around 600 and counting. Should beat last years total of 666 miles easily. There's still time, I hope!

Only downside is 10 mpg @ $3.66/gallon but it's still WAY less than some guys and girls spend on their hobbies so it's all good!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not doing very good on the miles, due to the CRAP weather we've had the past few days but, did put a whole 4 on early this morning. Did something I normally don't do, took the car to the grocery store. Trick is to go really early (I was there just after 7am) before the huddled masses come out. Then Rib Mt. Drive tries to become a parking lot and the parking lots have 8 million cars in them. There's just no getting away from people, is there?:confused:

There's two completely different types of traffic. The weekday traffic where the majority appear to have a clue about how to drive and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the weekend traffic when all the clueless moron's, who only seem to come out on the weekend and holiday's, venture from home.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Nothing rivals Holliday eve or the Friday night of a three day weekend drivers, they've got to get there ten minutes earlier even if it kills someone.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Nothing rivals Holliday eve or the Friday night of a three day weekend drivers, they've got to get there ten minutes earlier even if it kills someone.
Yep. On afternoons/evenings like those I avoid the freeways with a passion. Also the afternoon and evening of the last day of the holiday weekend. Screw that noise!

Aspen500

Reaction score
I guess the Aspen is pretty much put away for the season. Last week, when it was in the low 20's after the snow melted, they sprayed that brine sh*t on the bridges. Think it was Tuesday morning, the bridges between the west and east sides of Mosinee (where I work) were icy. On the way home I could see the white stripes on the concrete and assume most other bridges were sprayed also. Guess I can still drive it a little bit, just not on bridges which really narrows things down a lot. Sigh..........................................................How many months until spring? lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for this years, did we have one?
Not really that I remember. Went from winter to summer and back to winter with no transitional seasons in between. The end of April we got 30" of snow in one storm and then not even a month later it was in the 90's, then a few weeks ago it basically did the same thing in reverse. With all the rain or threats of rain, the car didn't get out nearly as much as I wanted. Haven't checked the total miles but it's probably not real impressive.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful I can get a few more miles this year. As long as I don't have to cross a bridge, the salt/brine thing isn't a problem. Not going on any bridges, really narrows down the possibilities though. Now, would a light coating of dry salt or brine cause any harm? Probably not but, it's the principle of the thing.;)

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll call it official. The car is away for the season. After spending pretty much all day trying to catch up on yardwork, since the weather hasn't allowed much, if any, yardwork the past month (rain, wet, 30mph wind, no wind but raining, windy AND raining..........................every friggin' weekend), I had to go for a drive. Got the car out and put about 10 miles on. Felt good.

To be honest, what really did it was a nice mid '80's Monte Carlo that I see every so often going down the frontage road near my house. The car sounds perfect. Nice rumble, not loud but a nice smooth roar. Hard to describe, anyways, when I heard (and then saw) it going past, that was it. Between then and a couple hours later, I couldn't take it anymore. Put everything away (it was getting close to sunset just past 5pm), changed clothes and got the car out. Man did it feel good! Now, only a short 6 or 7 months until the next season begins. I'm sure it'll just fly by:rolleyes:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I may have made a good call also. Yesterday was sunny and dry, today not so much. Sleet/freezing rain right now:( I always hate when the car(s) get put away for the season knowing it'll be at LEAST a 6 month wait to drive them again. Made the switch from summer DD ('08 Mustang) to winter DD ('96 Dakota) a couple weeks ago already. Damn, now I'm depressed.

Back