Torsion bar end bushings.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I'd try to find a donor. You're getting into different diameter there.
Left and right are different.

Duke5A

Reaction score
The bars are sided. What you have is correct. Also, all FMJ cars came with the same bars. There was only ever one spring rate produced unlike earlier Mopars that used straight bars.

Maybe a set of the Moog bushings turned up on net somewhere?

Karl

Reaction score
Everyone differs on this. Obviously these are different sizes . One is newer. From a different car.

Newer bars were bigger and had more tensile strength. California had bigger bars made by Chrysler for the cop cars. Which also were used in NYC.

So there are differences from yr and model. So i am going to find a matching set from a junk yard near me. From a newer v8 model.

20220717_131354.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Why leave Texas out? Isnt everything bigger in TEXAS?

What are you measuring to determine size difference?

Post a pick of the ends of your current bars..the Hex end...you will find a three digit number on the top and two lines of info below.

Last edited:

Duke5A

Reaction score
It stands to reason thickness would differ between passenger and driver side. The spring rate decreases if you lengthen the bar without changing the diameter.

In all my time wrenching on these cars nobody has ever produced something to say otherwise. Part numbers never changed either. Not saying I'm gospel here though. Been proven wrong before.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats a pretty fair price Larry but its ironic that most FMJ guys wont even pay that although when you could still get them they were close to $400 per.

Out of the seven nos sets ive sold most buyers were from the hotrod truck community.

Most never have even layed hands on them and few understand the actual bar number system. Much of its unimportant because the bars themselves were never sold separate.

Id ask how did the car do prior to disassembly and as most of us know the main bushing was the biggest difference.

Since poly is going in the op-s car id simply find a good core end and send it.

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Vol77... keeping them whole and welding the end back on in the same indexed spot was simple, just made a tiny shield as not to get weld spatter on the poly. But just did one weld at a time and let it cool. Zero issues.

GTX Front.jpg

volare 1977

Reaction score
Vol77... keeping them whole and welding the end back on in the same indexed spot was simple, just made a tiny shield as not to get weld spatter on the poly. But just did one weld at a time and let it cool. Zero issues. Ok Good to hear. Seems easier too.

volare 1977

Reaction score
I looked it over some days ago when I first saw it listed. It has some cracking in the rubber so I passed on it. He had it at $499 plus shipping in the first listing.

Back