Trim question

MoparDan

Reaction score
The chrome trim that's right above the doors, will that trim from an '87 Fifth Avenue fit an '85 Gran Fury?

MoparDan

Reaction score
This

IMG_20190816_182415.jpg

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Drip rail moulding/trim
I believe its all the same "profile" or cross section so its just a matter of lengths.
If the windshields interchange then I'd assume the A pillar leg is the same.
The horizontal sections length and how it terminates will tell the rest.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the door trim will interchange between the more-door cars (F and M) except rear doors on wagons (which are shaped different at the rear upper edge). That said, there might be some differences over the years.

A friend of mine added these moldings (red arrows) and other trim from a Fifth Ave onto his F-body. It looked nice but a lot more work than what I would want to do (he liked the chrome appearance . . . I guess).
85 5th CL.jpg

A lot of M-bodies come with a thin chrome piece that goes around the inside door glass frame - that looks like would also fit more-door F’s (but not wagons?) (black and white arrows).
Ms2FdDp.jpg

The same trim is on the above yellow/cream car - but not as easy to see.

I’ve seen a couple of F wagons dressed up with M dashes and seats. I would think if I would do that, adding the rest of the fancy M door trim would be part of that conversion (maybe).
BudW

MoparDan

Reaction score
If I had an F body I'd want to put an M dashboard in too, it just looks better to me, that window chrome looks good, my Gran Fury doesn't have them though I'd like to put them on one day along with chrome window visors like my '82 Fifth Avenue had

Ele115

Reaction score
I would probably keep the F dash, only because the cars are becoming scarce and orginality blah blah, but the F Body cluster was pretty pathetic, right up there with the Chevette

As to the drip trim on the 4 doors, I'm pretty sure that the ones on most of the M's came down the sail panel at more of a squared off angle than the Volare. I think it's not as straight when it comes down at the back on the Volare 4 door. The doors are the same, the windshield is the same but the sail panel and back glass is a lot less curved

Back