Uncle Tonys Garage

88_AHB

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wondering if or how many of you have seen uncle tony's garage on youtube? Just found him a few days ago and is a solid dude. Informative and funny at times.Though to share enjoy. Uncle Tony's Garage

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've seen it he's about 50/50 with the advice, if you don't know anything he's a hero. He thinks he is. But some of he's thinking is just wacked and it usually comes down to being to f'n cheap.

MBDale

Reaction score
I’ve seen some of his videos. Seems to have a pile of cars in whatever stages but nothings actually finished or completed. He’s got some good points and one episode he looked at a Duster for sale that he gave a second opinion on. I’d say he’s informative.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Tony has some good pointers. Like taking the stock pistons in a slant and turning them around for getting the stroke arm torque earlier in the crank rotation. Other slant info is good too. Some of his colorful commentary gets goofy. He is more tolerable than Worman or Dagastino (east coast Worman wantabee). Still good to see mopar stuff in a sea of LS chevy junk.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Rotating the pistons is an old performance trick from the 50s to get power from a stocker.

Personally I would rather have a set of 5 or 600 dollar pistons that are forged and are 360 grams instead of 620. More compression not to mention the reduced parasitic a power loss and durability.

Racing with stock cast pistons is risky.

Last edited:

barbee6043

Reaction score
He has his opinions, not every one will agree with, especially the younger crowd maybe??. He is an old top fuel drag racer, many things he will mention are low buck, as just mentioned, if??? he is f'n heap then so am I ! hahahahahhahahah

Darth-Car

Reaction score
He's ok. He is from a different time in the automotive world, and knows more about the classic Mopars, because he built, and raced them at a time when fancy tech was not available. He is a watch, and soak in what he has to impart kind of guy.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion in the world, and many of his happen to agree with my old timer opinions.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
There's old school technology and I think that's great, but I've watched enough of his stuff to say he's an old school hack.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I'm subbed to his channel and try to tune in on Sundays to his live streams. Guy is genuinely funny and has an old school mindset. Didn't agree in the slightest with his video on frame ties, but everything else has been fun.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Well he has said he caters to the ignorant 16 year old.

barbee6043

Reaction score
There's old school technology and I think that's great, but I've watched enough of his stuff to say he's an old school hack.
Yep I resemble it all too! I like ole Tony.
For one thing he was smart enough to leave New England and move South to Tn!!

MBDale

Reaction score
Rotating the pistons is an old performance trick from the 50s to get power from a stocker.

Personally I would rather have a set of 5 or 600 dollar pistons that are forged and are 360 grams instead of 620. More compression not to mention the reduced parasitic a power loss and durability.

Racing with stock cast pistons is risky.
Speed-Pro is what’s in my 360. H116CP30 is the part # I believe. Skirt coated. Ditch the smogger garbage,It came alive then!!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It's funny what difference a couple point's of compression makes.

barbee6043

Reaction score
Cool, I'm about 20 miles north of Nashville.... :)
Tony used to be on FABO all the time, but he built a shop a couple years ago, his handle was " whitepunkonnitro." I guess you can message is some ay off Facebook? I am an old non computer fart!
Back on FABO le Tony wold make comments that were some times challenged but I would take a lot of credence in his opinion. Dose not mean his is always 100 % right, but I know he has forgot more than I ever knew.

Back