Unique project car(not mine)

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I paid $200 less for about a 3-year old 76, and just $100 for a nearly mint 79 with burned valves, back in the mid to late80s. Top line models. How I miss those days. Not really but I miss buying cheap cars, cuz my wages never kept up to the cost of living, it seemed.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Sigh. This one looks pretty toasted. I imagine the frame and floors are likely ruined. It seems to be an Aspen from the looks of the tailights. The seats don't look all torn up, and it has the very nice options of tilt wheel and power windows (ooooooh, ahhhhhh)! The forth Road Wheel looks like it's in the cargo area along with some of the Load Runner trim, but I don't know if there are $1500 worth of parts on it, or if some brave dedicated Load Runner fan could bring it back to life. Maybe. It would be fun to play around with if it isn't completely rotted out. At least it isn't listed for "$10,000 Firm!". I've only ever seen a very few of these in person, and they must have been quite cool when new!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I paid $200 less for about a 3-year old 76, and just $100 for a nearly mint 79 with burned valves, back in the mid to late80s. Top line models. How I miss those days. Not really but I miss buying cheap cars, cuz my wages never kept up to the cost of living, it seemed.
Sadly, this is the way most F-bodies looked around here, in the mid to late '80's...........:( Still, anything can be fixed but at what cost? I'd want to see the underside of the car up close. Judging from the photo's, my GUESS is the floors and sub frame rails are most likely fairly dicey.
If most, or all, of the Sport Wagon parts are there, the best thing to do is convert a regular, less rusty, wagon using the pieces. JMO. I know, it wouldn't be a real one but there are more 340 'Cuda's around today than were originally built. Most E-bodies were Barracuda with a 225 or 318 (for example).

Duke5A

Reaction score
The first photo on the eBay spread is from a sales brochure. The guy selling this thing is fully aware of what he's trying to sell. :eek:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The guy selling this thing is fully aware of what he's trying to sell. :eek:
Well, at least aware of what it was 40 years ago....
s-l1600.jpg

Maybe not so much now....
s-l1600.jpg

If it was running, I would say it might be worth $1200. But, not running, and by the look of the extensive body rust, probably not. At least to me. But, somebody with more body and mechanical expertise than I might feel it is worth it. However, the seller is also apparently open to offers. Interesting find regardless.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I honestly have to say, I've started with worse and fixed rustier in the past or helped buddies with repair their rust buckets. It's one of those things that comes with the territory when you live in this territory of salt happy north central Wisconsin:(
That said, would I dive into a project that extensive now days? Probably not. This getting old(er) thing is a real drag.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Older and wiser is how I look at it. I've built cars starting with a cowl and roof and a frame but I wouldn't do it again. Your always ahead buying with little or no rust,, always.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I'll agree on the older and wiser route,I'll spend the money on the rust free car anyday.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
No tag, no proof.

You can clone a car in a month, thats 480 months since new.

The bad thing is, work done 20 years ago can age nicely.

Back