Update=Yellow jacket Mirada-NOT Super Bee

MoparTex

Reaction score
My brother went to look at the Mirada in person today. (Thanks Tim) Not quite as good in person as in the pics. Opened the hood and yellow jackets got pissed and stung the owner,oops! Green moss growing on the front seats, I guess the T-top makes a good greenhouse! Tire sidewalls are all rotted from setting in the sun ten years. Parking lot door ding in left quarter and a small rock ding in drivers door. Other than that the plastic nose looks good and the back is fair and salvageable.
I think I will call the guy back tomorrow and finish the deal. Got to get this girl home and replace the T-top seals cause I live in the Great North Wet. LOL
Here's hoping

mirada1.jpg

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
You better park it inside and only drive it on sunny days bacause I may be wrong but I don't think anyone is making new t-top seals.

CMX360

Reaction score
I believe he said in a different post that a set of NOS weather strips are included in the sale. If so they are worth BIG money. There has been a NOS right side for sale on ebay for a long time for $300ish. If the guy on ebay had both sides I would have bought them a long time ago. Its really only my left side that could use a replacement.

MoparTex

Reaction score
Seals

You better park it inside and only drive it on sunny days bacause I may be wrong but I don't think anyone is making new t-top seals.

One new seal is already installed and one new seal is included in the deal along with a new chrome molding strip for the front bumper.
I will have to keep it under cover during the monsoon season here on the Oregon coast November through June, around 100" of rain per season. I dont think these things were ever really waterproof.

Back