Wanted: Bucket Seats, Floor Console, Brushed-Look Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Contact seller
Greetings! I've recently acquired a '80 LeBaron Coupe which I am resto-moding. I am in search of: Bucket Seats from 1980 to 1983 Coupes or J-Bodies, floor shifter an console set-up, and looking for the brushed-look dash and glove-box door used on the LS and S-Type Packages. Leads are appreciated! --- Adam ---

DCAspen

Reaction score
Good luck in finding your parts,Real hard stuff to find,wish I could help,dash pieces will be real difficult to get,consoles are out there.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
didn't you have buckets and console in that car you sent to the junk yard?

Cordoba1

Reaction score
It did. The seats would have been salvageable, but the console and dash were destroyed. They guy who took the car away said it has already been completely scrapped. There's a bunch of pick-and-pull places around here, they have a ton of 5th Avenues -- I'll be using those as a source for bumpers and other items, just grabbed some interior lenses today. I may pull a dash-bezel and glove-box door and see if I can't cover them myself with brushed-aluminum wrap.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
What about two 5th ave passenger aside seats for buckets?

Last edited:

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
didn't you have buckets and console in that car you sent to the junk yard?

Yes He Did! & didn't even pull one part for any of many requesting parts.
He wouldnt even take 10 minutes and pull off the rear side window trim.
You don't make Many friends by not even giving the slighest effort for
those others looking for parts. His answer was always everything is trash.
but that trash was good enough to buy and pay to have moved half way
across the country. then just scrap it.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Hi 80. I fail to understand why you’re taking what I did with my car so personally. I wish I had the tools and resources to remove and store parts, but I simply didn’t. I was extremely disappointed with the condition of LeBaron (#1), and just wanted to put the whole thing behind me. On the other hand, I’m extremely appreciative of the wealth of information members of this (and the ‘Farley’) forum provide: Technical information, leads on cars and parts, and general camaraderie! As a matter of fact, it was a lead on the ‘Farley’ board that led me to my latest purchase of a 1980 LeBaron Coupe (Thanks inmywj!) – so again, kudos to members!

So can we put this to bed? I promise not to scrap any more cars and help out where I can. This is from a serious car guy: I love them. New ones, old ones, foreign ones…. If they have a motor and wheels, I’m in!

Sincerely,
Adam

Cordoba1

Reaction score
What about two 5th ave passenger aside seats for buckets?

Hello Mr.Lopar. I considered that as I was crawling around the plethora of 5ths here in the Bay area. Unfortunately, they don’t have that sporty look I’m looking for, nor do they tilt forward to allow access to the back seat. One idea I’m flirting with is buying some of those cheap universal buckets that are sold on eBay and then having them upholstered in period-correct velour – and having the existing back seats re-upholstered to match.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
If you're going to have a project car, you will need tools and space. Try to rent a storage garage to keep parts and such until you're ready to start. You're not going to find a car that doesn't need something. I know your work makes you travel and it's hard to do a project. Maybe now is not the time. Or, find someone, maybe here who for a fee, could store your car and parts and or do some of the work, until you have a place to do it. Just some ideas.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Yeah, I know all those tricks. I have a set of brand new wheels in the closet, a bunch of emblems on desk, and an engine at my Dad's house. My projects are probably run a little bid differently than others on this board. For example, the shop next door says he can bolt in my engine for me, but I'll be doing all the wiring. He's agreed to let me work in his shop. Same with the body guy: He's agreed to let me install the inerior peices in his shop.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
The reason I take it personally is because I was the first to reply to your 24 hour scrap warning. and private messaged you several times and got no reply.
If you have no Basic tools then why are you even trying to restore a car? A flat head screw driver could have popped those side window trims off. and now you say things like this,
" There's a bunch of pick-and-pull places around here, they have a ton of 5th Avenues --" So why couldnt you have gone to one of them pick and pulls and buy some cheap
steel wheels and save those 5 spoke rallys? I paid 400.00 for a set of them and I know other would too. I guess you dont even have a lug wrench and jack either.
The few little pieces that I and others wanted would have not taken you long at all. You can take your money and set it on fire for all I care. But after what you did to that Rare car
and now looking for them same parts you already had. I just can't respect that you are a serious car guy. I have said what I wanted to say and will put it behind me.

Last edited:

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Hi Kids -- just an update here -- The 80 LeBaron project is going real good, here are some recent pictures after paint and pin-striping: http://www.functionbox.org/80LeBaron/ I've got all new taillights on the way.... And engine work will begin shortly. I had it out on the big road yesterday, for the first time, and I'm pleased to report the cruise works! -- I wasn't expecting that! The guy who does my engine work has been out sick, so I may move on to the upholstery. I've pulled a set of bucket seats from a dodge van (which are shockingly similar to J-Body buckets) and will likely upholster those, and mount on the powered-brackets that exist in the car. I also pulled a shifter and center console from an 84 LeBaron that I think I can adapt. The shifter mechanism is of the cable variety -- as long as the cable assembly is sturdy enough, I think I can make it work. Parts currently wanted: Brushed Look Dash and Glove Box Door, front and rear bumpers. Thanks!

DCAspen

Reaction score
Real nice looking car,do you have the rear side marker lights from the green car for sale,I noticed different lights after the repaint.Let me know thanks

Cordoba1

Reaction score
That's a real sharp eye! Real nice looking car,do you have the rear side marker lights from the green car for sale,I noticed different lights after the repaint.Let me know thanks
They were both cracked up real bad, so I didn't re-install them. They're gone. I used a set of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Side-Marker-Set-of-2-Rear-Red-lens-Dodge-Omni-Plymouth-Horizon-87-1987-Pair-/370758246259?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AOmni&hash=item5652e9df73&vxp=mtr It turns out the mounting studs and the hole for the light are an exact match. It took me all of 60 seconds each to install.

Sedanman

Reaction score
Damn,nice work. I like the 2 tone,it reminds me of the 5th ave's that came that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back