Way Cool custom Dip on eBay AND I DO MEAN DIP!

MoparTex

Reaction score
You really gotta love this guy's commitment to his dream! Love the mud flaps, visor and fuzzy dice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Other-1-1979-DODGE-DIPLOMAT-CLASSIC-ANTIQUE-/290729007809?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b0cc9ac1
$%28KGrHqV,%21hEE-GMiqFmfBP23y2krvQ~~60_12.jpg

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Please don't make us look at that again ! I had a nightmare this happened to Modoba.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
damn i like it why u guys hate the classed out rides? the visor is tight i want one for my abody valiant and aspen not the skirts tho could go without but like evreything else specialy those tail light lenses

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what he is going for. It looks like he went to PEP boys and bought the store. OK, I admit that was mean, but certain things don't go together. For instance; Peanutbutter and anal-easejelly don't go good on bread. Maybe that was vulgar. I give this guy credit- at least he has decent wheels and not some 26 inch bling bling spinning ferris wheels with lights built into them. One thing that really gets me is when folks put huge wheels on an older car or muscle car. 17 inch can work, but it depends on the car and wheel. If you have to put a "lift kit" on a car just to get the big rims on it- you must stop. Lifting trucks is scary enough, but there are enought kits out there to do it cheaply and safe. lifting a car- I don't think it is a good idea- not to mention: laws of physics and larger rolling mass breaking the brakes. a good quote" Just because you can, don't mean you should. A dippy or a 5th looks awesome with cop wheels and dogdish hubcaps with some good hipo rubber. I realize the world we live has 4 door performance cars- some modern and some older. A good F /M wagon with skinny tires on the front and the big fat meats on the back- now that is rollin' coolness. And ofcourse- a 2 door looks great with 15 inch or 16 or 17s as long as they are referencing the 5 lug bolt pattern- 5 slots or triangles. Some of the other designs just don't fit the lines of the cars. Similar is the rim offset: Modern made rims have a zero offset and are all backspace. I PERSONALLY HATE THAT LOOK ON ANY CAR. I show my age/ generation- but the "Deep dish" rim has always been the eye catcher. The Supercoupe and Kit car rims are the cream of the crop for asthetically correct rims matched to the body lines. My advice ( It ain't worth spit) look at the Petty kit cars and the Supercoupe and take them in. Some design group at mopar put the dart on the bullseye with those- such cool looking cars. The chrome moonies on our dippy at the top of this thread are more of a 1940's thing- but he had something in mind - I hope.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Reminds me of this guy I used to get at my Carwash back in the late 80s and 90s. An old dude with a 73 newyorker. He had chrome truck running boards on this thing and those metal poker "curb feelers" - 8 total (2 on each wheel) Caddy hubcaps, caddy medalians, foxtail, 4 inch whitewalls, and an chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I guess he died- cause he stop coming around. I told him Nighttrain was not a good wine to be guzzling. To think GNR made a song about that crap.

Back