Wet Sanding Day

slant6billy

Reaction score
After a setback with the non mopar, I spent a few moments wet sanding my F coupe. a few here, then stop and few more then stop, then a bike ride with the kids, then back to wet sanding and stop, help a buddy bleed brakes, and then back to wet sanding and stop. Blast the F around the block (I like that the best) and some more sanding. Got to the 6pk scoop and had to break out a file and smooth some of the edge I never saw before. So now I got most of the car wet sanded. MESSY friggin process to say the least. I changed sweatshirts 3 times. I have some tack towels at work, so I'll grab them tomorrow. That is it for the day and I am not disclosing the paint. I might have already, but no peeking until the cake is done. Well, not exactly cake, but it is a very sweet color....if that is a hint.

My imp

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to get the top surfaces (hood, roof, & deck lid) squirted before spring. I bought the Summit color closest to the stock Mahogany color, but I haven't shot a test pattern to see how close they are. Both 1/4 panels have had poor collision & paint repair, so I really should address that before I try to blend the colors. I really don't have time to do all the repair, modifications, & two-tone the car before spring. Wish I did! If I could get all that done, then I might as well re-do that seat, add the stick, put in the heated seats, t tops, he'll, I might as well stick a broom up my arse, & sweep as I go along too! lol

Back