What is this type of stud/screw/bolt called?

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Attaching the header panel to the fender is a stud that is a screw on one side that goes into the fiberglass and a threaded bolt on the other which goes into the fender. The sides are separated by a flat shoulder

I have to source a replacement for all 6. Three on each fender 20230921_162238.jpg20230921_162203.jpg

I'm not sure what this type of stud is called though. Any ideas?

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I'll admit I'm a cheap bastard and I won't pay $7.00 per stud, but it gives me something to go on

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Are all 6 that bad?
I picked up a police style header panel to replace the 5th ave style header panel. The studs were all so rotted that they backed out of the fiberglass instead of the nut turning off the stud.

Edit: I don't want to chance the ones in the 5th ave nose. I want to make swap happen not sit around with a car in pieces trying to find parts

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Do you have any of the studs that backed out or are they on the car the panel came off of? They usually back out and you can use vice grips to hold them to get the nut off some of them.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Do you have any of the studs that backed out or are they on the car the panel came off of? They usually back out and you can use vice grips to hold them to get the nut off some of them.
They're still in the fender of the car I took the header off of

Back