Where to start ...

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Weird thing happened yesterday, fired up the Volare drove to the store (side streets, appx 1 mile), parked killed car went in for my daily coke and snack. Came out started car, and now the brake warning light wont go out. Never touched parking brake but checked switch, was still connected, even tugged on it against the spring and light never flickered. The brakes are as they always were and feel normal. I even gave them a good hard few pumps to see if the pressures were amiss and they really didnt pump up but never triggered the light off either. So question is, where should i check next?

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Your brake warning switch on the proprotional valve/ distribution block. You might have some old crud inside there. Try having your brakes flushed with new fluid.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Ok thanks brem. another question, is there a + side with key on of course or is it a ground style system? I've tried to check the wiring diagrams that you have posted up for a '76 but without actually printing them its kinda tough to trace the wires out without the known colors....

BHA43

Reaction score
Yes ground triggers the light! from either the prop valve switch or the parking brake switch. The connector just pulls off the prop valve, the e might have a squeeze clip?

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Ok just as a "quick n dirty", disconnected the switch on valve and waalaa no light. Looked on AZ site and havent been able to find a switch listed, sooooo where should i look? dealer maybe? rockauto? suggestions welcome...

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
There is a little pin in the front of the prop valve. Pull it out slightly(about 1/8") and have someone pump the brakes at the same time.
This will help to re-center the shaft inside the valve.
As Bremereric said, try new fluid. Flush and bleed.

Back