window motors

furyfrank

Reaction score
Now here is a dumb question, what stops the window motor when it is in the top or bottom position, I mean why does the motor stop and not keep running, like I said a dumb question.:confused4::confused2:

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
not a dumb question, but one of those that makes ppl go, hmmmmm... As many of them as i've changed in the past, (mostly GM autos) I have no idea, and never really thought about it..:)

furyfrank

Reaction score
OK to ad to this got the drivers side to work ( bad switch ) but the passenger side replaced the gear on the motor ( the teeth where gone ) but cannot get the gear on the motor to engage with the gear on the window. So what am I missing here ??:confused4::confused4:

ramenth

Reaction score
Now here is a dumb question, what stops the window motor when it is in the top or bottom position, I mean why does the motor stop and not keep running, like I said a dumb question.:confused4::confused2:

Because, in this case, an electric motor is all about torque and the ability to move things. Once the window is all the way up, the regulator won't move further and therefore the motor won't move either. There's adjustable stops in the down position to keep the window from going all the way down.

After that the natural propensity is to let go of the switch.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
OK to ad to this got the drivers side to work ( bad switch ) but the passenger side replaced the gear on the motor ( the teeth where gone ) but cannot get the gear on the motor to engage with the gear on the window. So what am I missing here ??:confused4::confused4:

Check the nylon round dowels. I think there are 3 of them in a triangle patern that act like a clutch.

And the elect motor is energized anytime the switch is pressed. Holding the switch will cause motor damage, nylon dowel damage, and will open the circuit breaker.

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score
The rear doors have rubber bumper at the bottem.

The front doors are stopped by the mechanic of the lifter, I think.

The motor is stopped by the whindow, wich couldn´t move on at the end.

furyfrank

Reaction score
power window motors

So what year motors would fit a 79 cordoba, looking around it looks like a variety of years would fit ?

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score
Yes, the windowmotor of my 1988 leBaron fit my 1976 Volare to, only the plug has to be changed.

And Left and right are different at all !

Back