Windshield trim removal

MoparDan

Reaction score
I found a Fifth Ave in a junkyard a few towns away, I'd like to replace the windshield trim they bent and warped all the old trim (and broke most of the clips) when they put the windshield in and claimed they'd pay to replace it this was 2017...never happened I bent the pieces back together as best I could but some of it sticks out and I don't need sand getting in and rusting the windshield frame...how hard is it to remove the trim? Is there a special way to take them off or a special tool needed?

Aspen500

Reaction score
You need a special trim tool and then it's fairly easy to release the clips and NOT bend the trim. It slides under the trim piece and then you slide it along until you find a clip. Then use the tool to gently pull the clip away and the trim piece will come loose. Then just move the tool to find the next clip, lather rinse repeat.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/SER...g+Tool&keywordInput=windshield+trim+clip+tool

A7914.jpg

New clips are readily available also.
Windhield & Rear Window Reveal Moulding Clip
A20276-2.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
For the price of new clips, it doesn't make sense to reuse old ones, even if they look OK.

There's a small learning curve with the trim tool but once you get the first clip released, it becomes obvious.

Back