Windshield wiper arm interchange question

MoparDan

Reaction score
The spring broke on the passenger side windshield wiper arm, would an '88 Plymouth Horizon wiper arm work?

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Horizon part numbers and diagram for 88:
20231105_182024.jpg20231105_182016.jpg
M body for 88:
20231105_182049.jpg20231105_182103.jpg
It says the nuts and the washers on the passenger side are the same part numbers, so it might bolt on for quick fix. Might not.

There are a lot of Volare arms out there. I wonder if the Volare wiper arms would bolt on

MoparDan

Reaction score
Next few days I should make it back there, so we'll see if it fits, won't be the first time I used a part from a completely different car

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Next few days I should make it back there, so we'll see if it fits, won't be the first time I used a part from a completely different car
I'm always curious as to what other Chrysler 80s trash will work on our cars. My taillight harness is out of K car. I jusy had to splice a ground and the plate light into it. If you get the chance could you measure the arms and see if the length is the same? Not that it makes a huge difference. You could play around with the wiper length if the arm length is wrong.

My wiper arms were painted with a brush by some bozo. So if there are other cheaper arm options out there, with the more modern hooks instead of posts, it would save me the time of stripping the paint

MoparDan

Reaction score
I'm always curious as to what other Chrysler 80s trash will work on our cars. My taillight harness is out of K car. I jusy had to splice a ground and the plate light into it. If you get the chance could you measure the arms and see if the length is the same? Not that it makes a huge difference. You could play around with the wiper length if the arm length is wrong.

My wiper arms were painted with a brush by some bozo. So if there are other cheaper arm options out there, with the more modern hooks instead of posts, it would save me the time of stripping the paint
I never knew a K-car taillights would work on an M but I'm not surprised either, I got the taillight wiring from the Moyes Fifth Ave but it had issues too, so I had to combine both harnesses together to make all my taillights light up... Someone had painted the bumper fillers on my Diplomat with a paint brush looked terrible, even worse the doors had rusted though and they covered the holes with duct tape painted over it also with a brush they didn't even use the right shade of red....

MoparDan

Reaction score
The answer to the $6,000. question is: Yes, a 1988 Plymouth Horizon windshield wiper arm fits fine on a 1985 Plymouth Gran Fury! Now where I pick up my $6,000. from?IMG_20231108_173658.jpg

Back