WTB 1982-1989 5th Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking to a buy a nice '82-89 5th Avenue for a reasonable amount of money. I'm not looking for any projects would prefer an 85-89 but, wouldn't turn an 82-83 for right price. I'm looking for a decent turn-key driver with no major mechanical issues and rust free for the most part. I could deal with surface rust but, prefer clean metal. My other requests is it would need to have working A/C, cruise, and tilt wheel. It must be able to drive back to Indiana with no issues if I decide to purchase out of state. If I did purchase out of state I would like to keep it within a 650 mile radius. So, the big question is how much am I willing to pay? I've been told $2500-$3,000 should buy me a really good car although I would prefer to keep it under 3k if possible since I'm not really looking for a show car here. Just a nice okay looking driver with working stuff that I can drive Spring through Fall. You can send me a PM here if you have something I might be interested. I am located near Indianapolis, Indiana. Thank you.

Last edited:

furyfrank

Reaction score
First of all I and a lot of people would not guaranty that a car would make it that far. I have a 81 lebaron which is listed on this site and is a beautiful car and a lot rarer than the 5th ave ( basically the same car ) find my post and look at the pictures.

randomguy

Reaction score
First of all I and a lot of people would not guaranty that a car would make it that far. I have a 81 lebaron which is listed on this site and is a beautiful car and a lot rarer than the 5th ave ( basically the same car ) find my post and look at the picture.

Thank you furyfrank. I don't understand why a decent car wouldn't make it. I've driven several older cars across the country with little to no issues. As far the 81 lebaron it is a nice car but, I kind of have my heart set on 5th Ave especially a little newer one. You have a great price on the car and I can't deny that. Anyways, I figure I would post this to reach out to a different audience.

randomguy

Reaction score
I like this one on the list, looks good, good miles and its the 1989 so has an airbag, in a good location for no rust problems as well. Its probably miles away from you but not 8000miles like me :)

http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/4978759666.html

I did inquire about this car. I hate to say it might be priced too high. It's had structural damage per the Carfax I ran and 2 accidents it looks like. IIRC the pillar was damaged in the accident from what was reported. Beautiful car otherwise.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thank you furyfrank. I don't understand why a decent car wouldn't make it. I've driven several older cars across the country with little to no issues. As far the 81 lebaron it is a nice car but, I kind of have my heart set on 5th Ave especially a little newer one. You have a great price on the car and I can't deny that. Anyways, I figure I would post this to reach out to a different audience.

I put around 400 or more miles a week on my Fifth. I wouldn't think twice about taking that car anywhere.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Not saying it wouldn't make it which I think it would, but as the saying goes if it is made by man it can break.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I look at it this way with old cars - If they are in good shape they should be able to drive anywhere, when it was new people would drive them from one side of the USA to the other so why not now, they are no different to what they were then if the maintenance is kept up.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not saying it wouldn't make it which I think it would, but as the saying goes if it is made by man it can break.

I've seen many a cars that are well under 10 years old on the hook at the side of the highway. I have more faith in my M's.

I look at it this way with old cars - If they are in good shape they should be able to drive anywhere, when it was new people would drive them from one side of the USA to the other so why not now, they are no different to what they were then if the maintenance is kept up.

Absolutely.

furyfrank

Reaction score
To bad you where not looking about 6 months ago I had a beautiful 87 fifthave that lowbudget bought, and it was nice. I would rate this lebaron as almost as nice.

randomguy

Reaction score
To bad you where not looking about 6 months ago I had a beautiful 87 fifthave that lowbudget bought, and it was nice. I would rate this lebaron as almost as nice.

I saw that. It would have been the perfect car for me. The problem is now everyone wants too much for their cars. Just looking for a deal but, I don't want to spend a ton on shipping either. I'd like to keep it 3k max if possible with shipping hence why I'm limiting my radius so it will help with the shipping cost.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
You guys get all your cars at bargain prices, think of me 8000miles away and any car I like cost about $1000 to ship to the port and about $3000 to get here!

randomguy

Reaction score
That's unfortunate for you but, I have felt the same way when I was stationed in Japan. Anyways, I've been looking at several cars. Two of the cars have not been described accurately. Anyways, I'm thinking of a car in Oregon or California which is scary.

randomguy

Reaction score
Well, I received the car. A little more than I wanted to pay but, not bad. I need to clean it up. I have to put new tires on it and figure what's going on with the A/C system. More pictures and details coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back