SOLD WTB: pins to hold brake pedal linkage together on J body Mirada

Status
Not open for further replies.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Contact seller
The below pictured piece was behind the brake booster in my '83 Mirada, above where the brake pedal is. I'm making an assumption that this is part of the brake pedal linkage, since that's where I found it. If that is the case, then...

... I need the pins or whatever it is that holds this brake linkage together (between the pedal arm and the power booster). It looks like there must be 3 "pins" to connect the pedal arm to the booster.

And yes, I'm obtaining a factory manual, then I'll know for sure what this is, what I need, and how to do it, but for now, I know I'm missing something that I'll need to obtain!

If these are parts I can get at the local hardware store, please let me know that too!

Thanks!

IMG_8564.jpg

IMG_8564.jpg

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Need to know what the diameter of the holes are exactly . I work at a facility that makes lawn carts , and ,,,,,, the lawn carts have " clevis pins " . The clevis pins " maybe " about the same size your looking for . Otherwise I'd recommend you go to your local Fastenal store and ask them for some " stripper/shoulder bolts which I'm thinking is what came with the car originally ( I could be wrong though ) . Otherwise , again Fastenal , ask them about some clevis pins .

72Dodge

Reaction score
Will do, got your PM also. Let me get a few things sorted out here. First and foremost, I heard about a potential parts car that I need to call about, hopefully today. Only problem is where to put it and getting cold, it's going to be hard to tear apart right now. Ugh. I really don't like winter at all, bad timing snow and cold! I'm moving fast and furious to try to get as far on this thing as I can before I have to mothball this for 3 or 4 months.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Need to know what the diameter of the holes are exactly . I work at a facility that makes lawn carts , and ,,,,,, the lawn carts have " clevis pins " . The clevis pins " maybe " about the same size your looking for . Otherwise I'd recommend you go to your local Fastenal store and ask them for some " stripper/shoulder bolts which I'm thinking is what came with the car originally ( I could be wrong though ) . Otherwise , again Fastenal , ask them about some clevis pins .

Fantastic, thank you. This helps a lot. When I get the factory manuals, I'll be able to tell how they go together, and if I can't find the original parts I need, this gives me a lead of how to proceed. I have never heard of Fastenal stores, but I just looked them up, and there's several very close to me. Even that is a super handy thing to know. Thanks again!

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Fantastic, thank you. This helps a lot. When I get the factory manuals, I'll be able to tell how they go together, and if I can't find the original parts I need, this gives me a lead of how to proceed. I have never heard of Fastenal stores, but I just looked them up, and there's several very close to me. Even that is a super handy thing to know. Thanks again!

lol , no problem . Let us know . We'll help when we can . ok !

72Dodge

Reaction score
Just got some '83 factory manuals from ebay, should be here in a few days, now we're cookin' with gas!

72Dodge

Reaction score
Got the factory manuals. WOW do those ever make things easier! So easy, that now that I see how the assembly goes together, it almost seems obvious. So, I now know that I do have the entire assembly minus:

- the bolt/nut that holds the lever assembly to the bracket
- the pin/cotter that holds the lever assembly to the booster push rod
- the retainer clip that holds the lever assembly to the brake pedal assembly

The first two shouldn't be too hard to find non-OEM replacements for, as Shorty outlined above, but I'm not sure about the retainer clip.

If anyone has that retainer clip (or all of the above 3 items) that they could send me, please let me know what you need for them. Would be easiest to just get all of it than to source non-OEM bits.

Now, I'm wondering, how hard is it to convert one of these to manual steering should I decide to or want to? I know manual gear box, and the steering column extension, but what do I do to eliminate the power booster?

72Dodge

Reaction score
OK, so I found the retainer clip in the trunk :) It looks like it should still be good. I'm going to convert the car to manual brakes by making an adapter plate, using an adjustable pushrod, and a manual master cylinder. Moving right along. Closing this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back