WTB: Transmission mount bracket from an FMJ body

Status
Not open for further replies.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Contact seller
The crossmember or whatever it's called. I'm going to order a new polyurethane mount, but need the actual bracket.

If it matters (not sure), it's for an '83 Mirada and it will be getting a small block 727.

Yeah, there's an "announcement" coming on a new ride soon LOL

I'm also going to need:
- a small block front engine plate
- aluminum, cast iron (or maybe poly) K-member isolator mounts if anyone knows who is making them other than Firm Feel... really don't want to have to spend $225 if I don't have to.
- used but good floor shifter

Thanks!

72Dodge

Reaction score
Like it says, small block with 727. I thought it was the same mount no matter what though? Or at least any V8 I put in it should use the same trans mount bracket...? I actually just figured out that it's probably easiest/cheapest to just use the tubular trans bracket that's in the car now. I think I figured it out. It was flipped over upside down, but the other way looks like it should work. So, I will see if I can edit the title of this thread.

As for a floor shifter, I'm open, so long as it's cable activated. If I don't find a used on in time, I'm just going to order a B&M Pro Stick, if that gives you an idea of what I'm looking for. I want it to be good enough for once the car makes it to the track, and nothing real retro/old or ungainly looking.

EDIT: Ugh, I can't edit the thread title now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back