Yoke Sizes

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I had to press on after dinner, I had to know what was going on.

IMG-20171106-WA0001.jpeg

upload_2017-11-6_22-15-22.png

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The snap ring is not hard to work with – after you have messed with them a few times.

The people who try to remove the tail housing without releasing that snap ring first – will be at it . . . for a long time.

Tip: When going back together, you need to make the snap ring wide to clear the bearing. Once the snap ring is over/on the bearing, take a flat screwdriver and pry on the grove *pushing bearing the opposite direction of the housing/rearwards”, and in most cases, the ring will pop right into the grove.

This is one case where going back together is faster than taking apart.

Don’t overtighten the Philips screws!

Torque specs:
Extension Housing to Case bolts 24 foot-pounds (32 N-m)
Snap Ring plate Phillips screws – no specification, given.
BudW

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Well finally got to the bottom of it, just a hassle I didn't really want! Its a grudge repair as it should not of been like this.

MoparKidD-4

Reaction score
Man it's just one thing after another for you! You're definitely a trooper to be putting up with all this BS living where parts and service for these cars isn't all over the place. Keep up the great detective work!

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
In post 41 you show a pic of the bushing from the backside and it has a little notch in it. I have seen that notch many times in those bushings, and I have installed many of them.
That said, I don't know what it means other than it's there by design. I have to wonder if it's an identifier of some kind,lol

Back