you guys gotta see this

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
Contact seller
Its a Craigs ad, didn'y know where to post it.

Here's the linky;
http://cnj.craigslist.org/bar/4017132745.html

3 favorites
CL central NJ all for sale / wanted barter
Reply gq2sm-4017132745@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-08-21, 6:02PM EDT
Trade 50k value collectors car for diesel pusher 2006 or newer - $50000 (woodbridge)

image 1 image 2 image 3 image 4 image 5 image 6 image 7 image 8
Trade collectors car for motorhome - $50000

I have a big daddy Don Garlits 1983 Chrysler New Yorker. It was build by Big Daddy and shown in his museum for years.

"A lot has been done to the car since it left the Museum many years ago! We used to have a lot of fun with the old girl at the drags and around Ocala.

So there you have it. Garlits did build this car." That's got to be worth something. (courtesy Bangshift.com by Brian Lohnes)

http://bangshift.com/blog/craigslis...rous-and-a-steep-price-tag.html#comment-25773

Since the Bangshift guys were curious and some of the readers as well, I removed the alternator and the bracket cleaned away the Hemi Orange paint to reveal the block ID.
E 440
triangle shape
6 12 2
a photo below. I am trying to get the VIN off the block to identify the model that the block was first in. It is very tight where the vin is so I may have to use a camera on a wire to read it. As soon as I get the VIN I will update. I believe that it came from a 69 Challenger.

It is the world's fastest New Yorker with a Big Block 440 w dual 650 cfm 4 bbl carbs a (engine is from a 69) MSD 7 multispark unit with multi stage rev limiter, MSD billet pro distributor cool NOS purge system, brand new posi rear a 100-500 hp shot of nitrous sportsman fogger system, New Comp Cam to match nitrous, hurst t handle shifter (w red button for Nos) on hurst quick stick shifter w reverse lock out, cheetah trans kit manual shift body, New aluminum radiator, leather interior ps, pb, have more pics will send to interested parties. I want to trade for a diesel pusher motor home of equal value. This car will sell at the Mecum or Barret auction for 50 to 70 k. it will sell for more once Big Daddy Passes on. This was his personal daily driver and track toy! This is a track minded street car built by the "Father of Drag racing." This is a one of a kind prototype, a work of mastery in automotive art.

Was this Daddy Don's answer to the Shelby.
Was this a prototype that he wanted Chrysler to make?
Don Garlits worked closely with Chrysler people for decades.
Maybe Don was trying to get Chrysler to give him a limited edition New Yorker production?

There is no other car like it in the world! Gets 7 miles to the gallon(LOL) The dual quads suck it down. The tank was sumped and an extra fuel pump and hard lines were installed for the NOS. it has 20 lb bottle mounted in trunk. All work done by local performance shop.

Own a piece of Mopar history! Aluminum weld drag wheels. Custom etched glass. Daddy Don named this car the Wanderer, from the 50's song. Only drawback is a 3:23 rear for unlimited top end, I would put in 4:11's or 4:56's and then beat them all in the 1/4 rather than in the standard highway pursuit mode where this mopar dominates. Bring the NOS on line at 110 mph then scream to 180 for a z06 pounding finish. With the cam she only looks like a sleeper but to a trained ear you can hear the lope and the asperation of the dual quads. and once they see the purge they know they're toast! Remember never- NEVER lift the hood till after the race!

Now let me clear the air. I personally drove my 1973 440 police special with a 2:73 rear up to 142 MPH. I have absolute faith that this car with a 2.73 rear will do 180. I seem to remember the Daytona Chargers doing 218 on the grand roundie round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQbfAF_074&feature=youtube

For more info call Damian 732-213-5450
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4017132745 Posted: 2013-08-21, 6:02PM EDT Updated: 2013-09-05, 7:49PM EDT email to a friend
Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

FORMAT: mobile regular
© 2013 craigslist help terms privacy safety feedback about cl jobs

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
What else can I say but......
HOLY S*IT!!!!!!
THAT is a work of art.
00808_Izw6Asg87C_600x450.jpg

00808_Izw6Asg87C_600x450.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Up the road abit, but maybe worth a ride to see it for myself

Erics5th

Reaction score
180? Er, yeah. A SRT8 Charger or Challenger, yes. A car with the aerodynamics of a brick? No. On that note, I would love to put a 383 or 400 in my 5th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back