11.75" rotors & tape on wheel weights

My imp

Reaction score
I installed the 11.75" brake set on my Imp & noticed that the clearance is incredibly tight. I don't know if tape on weights would clear the caliper. When I polish my snowflake wheels up, I don't want to use pound on weights, but I don't know if tape on weights will clear. And with time, if not properly installed, when they begin to lift, disaster could occur! Anyone tried tape ons yet?

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
When you get em balanced, tell them you want the weights on the backside only, then you won't have to worry bout the stick on weights, and no weights will be on the face side of the wheel

My imp

Reaction score
Did you try that, it sound precarious at best. Modern weight machines tell you how much to put on front & or back side of rim. Although I'd prefer that to the carnage that could ensue if one were to be ripped off by the caliper or clips! Thanks, Larry

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
yup, that's how I get all my wheels balanced. the machines can be set to have the weights front/back or just back

My imp

Reaction score
Cool, I found my stash of pearls (of course I did) after I bought enough brown to do the whole car, instead of a qt. to paint the hood & tops of fenders, doors, & 1/4's. I still might just throw some brown on tha car for winter, & do the real (2) tone in spring. I had planned on polishing my snowflakes & using Eastwoods genuine imitation gold anodized on the wheels after I (2)toned the car. I guess it would look good on the brown as well!

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
cant go wrong with gold accents on brown
my buddies building a brown 85 towncar with gold accents

My imp

Reaction score
I know, I love the two together. Before the invention of pearls, the color scheme of brown/tan or beige went well with gold accents. The color I plan on running on the bottom is found on 2004 high end (gasp) GM products. It's white with a REALLY heavy gold pearl. It's full on chubby material! It's Sofa King cool! That color w/gold wheels should be Breathtaking. I plan on painting the recesses with the brown body color. I have the real gold (I forget the karat) paint to re-do the "Imperial" logos on my red wheel hub covers. I already did the white on my turn signal stalk. I know, I have far too much time on my hands! That's what you do when you're a retired old fart!

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
all about details ;)
and I know exactly what gm your talking about, and it is indeed a gorgeous color when the sun hits

Back