15 years September 11th

slant6billy

Reaction score
Don't know how to capture words to honor the folks lost 15 years ago. Folks, who just went off to work that day and never came home. Folks on their way somewhere and never got to where they were going. I, like most were buried in the day to day hustle. It was never pre-thought to what was about to happen. It all went bad and was in real time live. The TVs bringing the tragedy live. Worse, the folks seeing it first hand. The images burned into memories. That quick moments and then destruction and ashes. We rise above the ashes and never forget what happen that day. We march forward.We are driven. We will not be discouraged. We will not fear. We honor those who lost their lives 15 years ago. We honor those who ran towards the mayhem. Stand Proud! Stand Strong!

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Only some folks went to work.
Others got told to stay home.
Watched it live as it happened.
Still have the live VHS tape.

Inside job.
Explain Building 7.
Have the tape where the Fire Chief said 'we had to bring it down'

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth (www.AE911Truth.org) Activist and Representative David Slesinger explains the basic rationale of 1,900 (and growing!) verified Architects and Engineers who have signed a petition in agreeance with the fact that the WTC Twin Towers and Building 7 in NYC were brought down by controlled demolition and NOT a plane crash during the 9/11 tragedy, as the official story indicates.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
My 13 year old Son came home from school this week with a conversational topic suggested by his Social Studies Teacher to learn what his Parent's experiences, and memories were about 9-11.

Sure it is there in our minds, and we were part of it, but to have to actually verbalize it, and explain the sites, sounds, time lines, and events was surreal. I could remember it all so vividly, as if it was yesterday.

It was an event that profoundly changed my career life for the next 15 years in many ways. Companies, and technologies that were on the horizon back then got delayed by 10+ years due to fear, funding, and the collapse of the small business community.

There are those moments in history where we as a Nation have had our loss of our own innocence, this was another one for a new generation, but when I look at my Son I realize there is now a generation who does not understand. He does not understand why I speak of middle easterners with distrust, the same as I learned to distrust Russians during the Cold War, or my Grandparents who distrusted Asians.

The world is a frightening place.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
When I was 13, the JFK assassination was ancient history like WTC is to folks born after year 2000.

Then I learned that either Lee Harvey Oswald was either the best shot/luckiest shot in history or he was just a patsy.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
It will be all but forgotten, like Pearl Harbor or in NYC they forgot the Ninth Avenue derailment on the Ninth Avenue Elevated in Manhattan on September 11, 1905, was the worst accident on the New York City elevated railways, resulting in 13 deaths and 48 serious injuries.
1905_New-York_Subway-Accident.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have my theories on 9/11.
They're not always popular ones......but that's not what's important today. Today I don't care about the insanity that is the world. All I think about are the souls who lost their lives and the first responders who went in fearlessly to do what they had to do. The way everyone regardless of race, class or position pulled together for one cause. THAT is what's important and that's the lesson that we should come away with in my opinion. That time will no doubt come again unfortunately. As a people.....the human race....we need to stop segregating ourselves into groups and be one against the forces that mean us harm whether home or abroad.

Never forget........
I know I won't.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I remember that I was driving to work, listening to the local classic rock station. They play decent music, but the announcers were known to pull pranks, a lot of pranks, most of the truly idiotic pursuation. Anyway, I had just about pulled into the parking lot at work, when they came on and announced that a plane had hit the World Trade Center a short while ago, and that another had hit the other tower less than two minutes ago. Internally, I swore that this was the last time I would listen to these idiots, thinking that this was nothing to make jokes of, and that these guys were just being stupid again. I then walked into the factory (1200 employees or so), and it was dead silent. The factory, which produced telecom equipment always had a hum/buzz to it, no matter what time of day or night. It was dead silent. I went in through the badge readers, and found the entire factory work force in front of a couple of large screen LCDs that had been brought down from the boardroom. They were re-playing the planes hitting the towers. Then, the towers fell down. People were shocked, many looked dazed, a few people started crying. Factory was pretty much shut down for the rest of the week, and people were just in a zombie like state.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
On April 19, 1995, I was driving my ’68 Charger to work (which was close to downtown OKC) heading East on I-40. About 5 miles away, I saw a mushroom cloud appear (at 9:06 am), and I was thinking one of the pilots from Tinker Air Force Base went down or something (note: my car radio was turned off the whole time).

I get off of the interstate and started to drive North to work, and there was a very thick dark smoke cloud coming from Fred Jones Ford remanufacturing plant (where a lot of Model T’s were made at), so I took the scenic route to get back onto major roads trying to avoid fire trucks and such.

I drove North through the intersection of NW 6th St and Classen and saw a retail shop worker trying to sweep glass out from a doorway (onto the sidewalk) and I was thinking, a really upset customer must have left there.

When I arrived at work, a lot of people were outside looking towards downtown (couldn’t see much from that location), and again was thinking what was up.
When I got to my desk, a co-worker asked if I had any trouble getting to work. I said yes, I was running late, for I was to clock-in at 9am and it was currently about 9:30 (I’m usually not late for work). He then said he saw it. I said saw what? He said he was staring out his 4th story window looking downtown drinking coffee, then the bomb went off. My work was about 3 miles from the OKC federal building, but you can’t see it from there. He said debris blew up what appears to be a couple of miles up and he said he saw the shockwave on its way out. Our building suffered a couple of cracked windows.

My wife was about 3 blocks from the bombing, working in a rehabilitation hospital (again, not direct line of sight). She said the lights went out, the ceiling tiles all down and every one was physically moved. She finally got outside of the building and couldn’t see a thing from all of the smoke and dirt in the air. This was a few months before I met her. Our 19th anniversary will be in a couple of days.

If I had looked down the road, from where the person was sweeping up the glass, I would have saw bombing site. I was fixated on the glass being swept up and didn’t notice anything else.
I do remember the front (solid) axle of the truck was blown 9 blocks away(!), and the VIN from that axle is where the investigation started from.

A few years later, my wife and I attended a big family reunion on September 8 & 9. We took Monday (September 10) off and took our time to drive home from Arkansas. I also took Tuesday off to unpack, wash clothes, etc.) and was listening to the radio that morning eating breakfast, when they said a plane flew into the WTC. I said that had to be something big, because they wouldn’t report it if it was something small -, so I turned on the TV and a few moments later, the second plane hit – so I pretty much watched almost all of it live.

80mirada

Reaction score
A high school friend was staring out the window of his hotel room when he saw the federal building exploded in OKC. He spent the night with his high school girl friend after she showed him around town and took him to her new office, in the Federal Building, she had called in late that morning.

Fast forward to 2001 another class mate was on the observation deck of the Empire State Building, if not for his new bride, they would have been at the World Trade Center. He was brooding over her sending the cabbie there instead of the Towers, when the impact happened.

Back