1976 R/T

MBDale

Reaction score
Or you can find them like this!

066BCE81-58C1-40BE-9409-37D2AF2DB1E0.jpeg

MBDale

Reaction score
OMG,,,must be a ford lover to put this poor baby out in the pasture,,,LOL,,,, Does anyone know where this car is?
I do, and I’m checking up on it later in the spring or summer. Hopefully not drastically over priced, I’ve found indoor storage. We’ll see. I bought my ‘79 RT in pretty much the same shape and it takes the world to bring them back.

Motorhead80R/T

Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck on that, I love these F body`s,, but sheet metal for these is not easy to find, Hopefully if you can pick that gem up, You can get it back on the road

MBDale

Reaction score
Ok, so now that “expensive “ Mopars are now not cheap any more, I think this ‘pushes’ other mopars up in price... Cant find a 340 Dart? Hmm, now F-Body’s seem to gather attention and with that happening it drives up prices.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Ok, so now that “expensive “ Mopars are now not cheap any more, I think this ‘pushes’ other mopars up in price... Cant find a 340 Dart? Hmm, now F-Body’s seem to gather attention and with that happening it drives up prices.
Exactly.

Motorhead80R/T

Reaction score
I hate to pee in your coffee,, Look at how many f body adds on this site alone, that don`t go any where,, Yes prices are up, but thats on complete cars that are turn key cars,, Not on fixer uppers, Which I`m not gonna make a ton of friends over this,, But I`ve looked at many F body cars for sale, All asking a good price and all needing a fair amount of work,, with most needing new seats. And we all know seat covers are not cheap

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Id tend to agree with the above, either 99 out of 100 F-s are under priced or this one was way overpriced.

It had nice paint and looked rust free, thats a big plus, but looking at the smaller costly stuff like all the bright work, tail lights, wire harness, there have been many many nicer cars for sale for far less money.

We know what to look for, the bidders maybe not so much so but got awe struck by some creative/selective picture work.

Yes a rust free body is a huge plus and good paint is not cheap but you could spend a few thousand getting that car semi show worthy vs a repainted driver.

Seller should of took the high bid and run imo, go back and look at all the finer details needing attention from the interior, look at the front susp close, look underhood at all the org crusty brake lines and hoses and why would one take all the trouble to do nice paint to bolt on crusty ign box, ect. Low quality exhaust work, look at the head pipes.

Seller also never listed what paint was used, $500 look good for a few years of $2500 fifteen year paint.

Lets paint a car and not even put the smaller early style inner fender splash guards back in.

I think it was more like a nice 8-11k driver on a good day, but what do I know.

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
There's a deference between asking and what somebody is willing to pay price. The F body was a basterd child of Mopar from day one.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Rare and/or "desirable" cars get more expensive, that's a fact.
That fact tends to push asking prices and the seller's rhetoric concerning less desirable cars up. The hyperbole on ebay and Craigslist is skull-numbing... how many times have you seen a clapped-out /6Duster called a "musclecar"? A few days ago I saw an ad for a 3.9l/3-sp Chevy Monza being touted as "The Last of The Musclecars!". Yeah, they can be made to go fast but... really?
I've owned "real" musclecars in the past, but they're mostly the province of well-heeled collectors and flippers anymore. The '66 SS396 or Monte Carlo SS that I owned in the 80s is well beyond my reach now... the market has moved on and as always happens, charlatans and shysters have found a way to make a quick buck off of the unsuspecting public. The free-market system is the best, you just gotta be aware and you guys seem to be all over it.

Looks like a cool car but 18G?
Naaaaahhhh.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
OMG,,,must be a ford lover to put this poor baby out in the pasture
Easy, brother... I would NEVER do such a thing...
2017-07-18 16.37.41.jpg

Yeah... that's mah (weird) truck.;)
Somewhat coincidentally (or whatever the opposite of that is), put out to pasture last fall while I rebuild it's ridiculously underpowered FE360.

Last edited:
Back