1978 Volare street kit car carpet set

RRSPITFIRE

Reaction score
Hi!
Could someone help me? What is the correct colour of the kit car carpet?
Is that carpet cut pile or loop pile?
Where I could find the correct carpet set to my kit car?
Thanks Sauli

Aspen500

Reaction score
You can get carpet from a number of sources. Here is one of them:
76-80 Dodge Aspen Carpet 2 Door Automatic

The one I linked to is for an automatic trans. Four speed is also available. It should be cut pile, which is the only style you can get.
Someone else will have to help with the color, I have no idea. Were they all the same interior color depending on if it is an Aspen or Volare???

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I do not know about the Kit Cars specifically, but I do know that the F bodies came with loop carpeting in 1976 (at least the two that I owned did), and subsequent years were pile carpeting. Also, the first year ('76) four speed carpet was black in ALL the four doors and wagons. Subsequent years were matched to the rest of the interior color. Regardless, ACC, which is your best bet for replacement carpet, only makes F body carpet in pile. No loop. The link that Aspen500 provided above is for Stock Interiors distributor which I bought my ACC carpet from, and was very pleased. There are members here who are very informed on the Kit Cars, Super Coupes, etc., and should be able to provide more complete information for you.

Back