SOLD 1980 Diplomat coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking to either sell or trade my 1980 Diplomat. It is a two door, slant six automatic. Dark brown exterior with flat black hood and lower doors.

It is a reliable car and can be driven daily with no worries. I do drive it daily to and from work, about sixty miles total. I drove it from Ohio to Georgia and back for work once.

The body is in decent shape, with only one rust hole in the rear bumper. The roof has small holes drilled for some sort of rack I'm guessing. Previous owner's doing.

I am the third owner of this car and I keep it in the garage. I did drive it this past winter, every day. The salt did not seem to do much damage, fortunately. It is surprisingly good in the snow, with winter tires. Heater works well.

Issues - Driver's side fresh air door cable mount is broke. Cable still works.
It is missing the parking brake cables.
Wheel cylinders need replaced. They work, but one has a snapped bleeder and I was unable to completely bleed the brakes. No leaks though.
Driver's door seal needs replaced.
Leaf springs weak, so I have air shocks to keep the rear up.
There is a slight grinding noise in the rear, I assume is either a worn shoe dragging or possibly an axle bearing. I will investigate that soon.
Gas gauge does not work accurately.
Small hole in frame, just under driver's feet.

I will try to get good pictures of any and all "bad spots" on the car. There are few.

New parts - Radiator, coolant hoses, belts, alternator, battery, brake booster, exhaust system (less manifold), fuel tank, fuel lines, radio (AM/FM, CD, AUX, USB).

I did a tune up as soon as I bought it, about two years ago. I use synthetic oil only. The engine does leak some, but not much at all. Tranny leaks none, shifts good. Rear axle fluid needs changed. I plan on doing that soon.

This is really a quite comfortable car to drive every day. Being a slant six, its only problem is keeping up with traffic. I drive it around Pittsburgh, and it does okay. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg.

I am asking $2200 for it, or trade. I am open to any trade, so let me know what ya got.

IMG9513721.jpg

IMG_20170918_074252.jpg

IMG_20170918_074300.jpg

IMG_20170918_074347.jpg

IMG_20170918_074357.jpg

IMG_20170918_074332.jpg

IMG_20170918_074323.jpg

89.Fifth

Reaction score
It's gorgeous. I'm supposed to find a car for my wife but I don't think I could bear to get her this one!

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
It's gorgeous. I'm supposed to find a car for my wife but I don't think I could bear to get her this one!

My girlfriend wants me to keep it. She was a bit mad when I told her I posted it. I'm trying to fund a 67 Belvedere II purchase, or trade for another Mopar.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Is there something wrong with the RT side of the car, no pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back