1980 Mirada roof trim

Steve2961

Reaction score
Yesterday, I picked up an '80 Mirada for parts. It's the first time I've ever seen a Mirada without the trim across the roof. This car has the trim going up along the quarter windows, but it stops at the top of the windows. It recessed and there is no indication there ever was a trim piece across the roof. Have any of you seen this or know anything about it?

Steve2961

Reaction score
Like this.
IMG_20151213_164710833.jpg

Steve2961

Reaction score
That may be. The second picture is my '80 CMX. It just seems all the Miradas I've seen without the fake convertible top have the roof trim or crown. I guess I need to look closer from now on.

marko

Reaction score
yeah this threw me when i 1st got my 81 mirada.
in 1980 the roof top band was part of the cmx package and the base models had the trim on the windows.
for 1981 all miradas ( unless they had the fake convertible top which was now the cmx package) had the over the roof band.

Joe12459

Reaction score
yeah this threw me when i 1st got my 81 mirada.
in 1980 the roof top band was part of the cmx package and the base models had the trim on the windows.
for 1981 all miradas ( unless they had the fake convertible top which was now the cmx package) had the over the roof band.
That makes sense!

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
1983%20Miriada4_zpslhn3bwj5.jpg

This is interesting.
I just bought a 83 Mirada with that over the top chrome,
But it also has the stainless dash bezel, bucket seats and console.
Could this be a CMX? Would the Vin# verify this? or another way to tell?
The emblems have fallen off and I think it had been repainted.
Vin# 2B3BX62P1DR204613
Sellers Pic.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The up and over roof strip was standard on the CMX, but was available as an option for the base Mirada. The wheels in the car in the picture are also the standard CMX wheels. The "Stainless" dash bezel is the standard bezel on all Miradas; the fake woodgrain is optional.

There may be fender tags under the hood; if they are there, they may identify it as a CMX. I seem to remember they are on the driver's side. Alternatively, you could try to find the build sheet. Most often it is under the rear seat bottom cushion, but sometimes they are elsewhere.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
The up and over roof strip was standard on the CMX, but was available as an option for the base Mirada. The wheels in the car in the picture are also the standard CMX wheels. The "Stainless" dash bezel is the standard bezel on all Miradas; the fake woodgrain is optional.

There may be fender tags under the hood; if they are there, they may identify it as a CMX. I seem to remember they are on the driver's side. Alternatively, you could try to find the build sheet. Most often it is under the rear seat bottom cushion, but sometimes they are elsewhere.

Oh Ok, I thought the stainless was the option and woodgrain standard.
Will the tag say CMX or are there code numbers/letters?
I will also look for a build sheet.
Thanks for the info!

marko

Reaction score
in 83 all miradas had the over the top band except fo the cmx which had the fake convertible top.
woodgrain dash was not an option on any year of miradas. it was a cordoba thing

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Marko,

Not trying to be disagreeable, but my 1982 base Mirada has the fake woodgrain (now slowly fading to pink, and the cracked door tops to match). It is Nightwatch Blue exterior, blue interior with cloth split bench seat. I have seen a few other Miradas with the fake wood, and a couple with the aluminum dash. Door tops on those with the aluminum dash are the same colour as the interior. I don't know for sure, but the fake wood may not be a specific option, but part of some option group, or it may be part of the split bench package. Just to be clear, this is the factory interior as far as I can tell, and the car is pretty much loaded.

My 1981 Mirada CMX has the painted sliver/aluminum dash. It is a bucket seat/console shift car in red, with the white vinyl fake convertible top.

My 1980 Cordoba has the wood dash. It is a cloth split bench car in cashmere (Chrysler's name for a light tan colour).

Last edited:

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Thanks Capt.
I didn't even see Mirada in the post 80 list of vehicles.
Pre 80 had Cordoba but thats a whole different animal.
Your right they are vague after 80.

Back