1983 Cordoba Seat Material

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi,

My Cordoba has a dark blue upholstery, I want to retrim it, does anyone know where I can buy the material from?

Does anyone know if you can buy a retrim kit? One would assume that it would be similar to a M body interior?

IMG_20160809_192047.jpg
IMG_20160809_192101.jpg
IMG_20160809_192115.jpg

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited:

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
My '82 has different cloth, but SMS upholstery, in Washington has mine, and they probably have yours, as your pattern is more common.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
SMS have come back at $95 a meter (which 1m is slighly less than a yard) is that good or bad, seems I could buy some really nice material for less than that in a dark blue o_O

kkritsilas

Reaction score
1 meter is 39 inches, so it is actually a little more than a yard.

You may want to look at having your own seats redone in blue leather, just as a suggestion.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Bruceynz:

With the cost of shipping to NZ, import taxes, and the amount of work to get even new factory fabric installed into the existing seats, I just think that you may be further ahead to just go with a locally sourced/installed leather instead. Labour cost may be somewhat higher than redoing the fabric, but no transportation cost and no import fees (I understand that they would be part of the pricing of the leather/upholstery work), but it may be worth your time to have a talk with a local upholstery shop.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Problem I am having is Dark blue is an old car color now, the availability of dark blue car upholstery is not that easy to find in NZ

Justwondering

Reaction score
don't get pleather. Its a cheap imitation and doesn't hold up well. Save your money for leather or just go with fabric.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Another option is custom-fit seat covers. I had a set made for a 77 Cordoba. I just used an online maker, sent them many measurements, and I was very pleased. I was covering old, tired leather. When I first installed them, they tended to slide around, a feeling I didn't like. After spraying the leather with aerosol adhesive, they no longer wiggled around. They had a close-to-OEM look on the cheap. While I was at it, I replaced the carpets which also really freshens the interior. I'm sorry I don't have better pictures, but scroll to the last picture: http://www.functionbox.org/77Doba.htm

kkritsilas

Reaction score
BruceyNZ:

The car upholstery shops here get their leather from companies like Katzkin, which have the ability to dye leather any shade you want. A couple of the higher end shops can dye (not just paint, but dye) leather in-house. I don't think any good car upholstery shop will have any problem getting the colour on the leather right.

In North America, the go to company is SEM, who not only make good leater dye, but they can be tinted to pretty close to any colour/shade. You are in NZ though, so it may be different in your part of the world.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Today I went to the upholstery shop. I was told to get 3.5 yards, to do the front seats. Plus matching vinyl, for the piping, plus matching dark blue cloth, for the edges. Labour is going to be $350 to $400, per seat. Yikes.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I should have my new seatcovers soon, they said 3 -4 weeks to make then it will take 2 or 3 weeks to get to NZ, so should see them in min of 5 weeks but could be up to 7 weeks oh that's like 2 months sigh!

Bought these is navy blue

Scottsdale Seat Covers | Seat Covers Unlimited

My plan is to take all the old upholstery off and slip these on like a new they have been upholstered, should tidy the car up! Even if I take it to the upholstery guy to get them fitted with all the clips and things they use!

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
The seat covers for the Cordoba, were made approximately 45 minutes east of where I live. The car was assembled, less than four hours, west of where I live, in Ontario. Funny how the cloth is in Oregon, 3500 miles away.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I just looked at their Website. Those seat covers look really good. Just in case you are ever looking for upholstery for a more common old Mopar, look at Legendary, in New York. They do a beautiful job.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Yeah I thought they looked really good! Pricey at $168USD for front and $168USD for back, but look to be made from quality materials, I looked at them more as a complete new skin for the seats rather than seat covers, I got the optional head rest and arm rest covers as well.

Last edited:
Back