SOLD 1987 fifth ave for sale 800.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK SMITH

Reaction score
Contact seller
the transmission failed today and just do not want to replace the car is in very nice shape and with only 75K every thing on the car works as it should has new tires and did run very well.
any one have any idea what it is worth I was hoping for around 800.00 I am 60 miles north of Cincinnati,ohio
IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice car – which looks almost exactly like my ’86 5th Ave (except for the steering wheel)!

I wish car was closer to Oklahoma City

RICK SMITH

Reaction score
I am thinking about parting it out if I can get enough folks interested to make it worthwhile or will sell entire car for $600.00

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The car looks exactly like my 5th Ave (um, that is 20+ years ago, but mine is nowhere as good of condition, now). If I had a way to get there and drag car back, I would have cash on hand.

It’s a 1,800 mile round trip (26 hour trip) for me and it would cost me as much to get it, as selling price (maybe).
When I bought my wagon from NY State – it cost me a lot more than that to get it trucked in.
I'd really like to get my hands on it – but it is just not feasible for me because of the distance.
BudW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
When I bought my wagon from NY State – it cost me a lot more than that to get it trucked in.
Strange how things get passed around from place to place. I'm not far from NY and drove all the way to Tulsa to get my plaid interior. OY came from near Pueblo CO, and I flew out from Pennsylvania to get it and drive it home. It was a fun adventure and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes.
My wagon was purchased off of eBay over two years ago, not far from Dansville, NY, if I recall correctly. If was the middle of summer and I didn’t want to make that long of a drive in a car without A/C. The transport cost me $1,400 (again, IIRC), and that was for a car that was drivable.
Non driving ones cost more to transport.

The thought of flying to Indiana and driving the car back had crossed my mind – but with transmission problems – that wouldn’t fly . . . far.
BudW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Yep, I bet that with airfare, fuel, etc., I spent close to that flying out and driving OY home. But it was fun and we also camped part of the way back. I know what you mean about no A/C. OY doesn't have A/C and driving it back in June was "not cool." I had a little clamp on fan that worked off the cigarette lighter, and a spray bottle of water to keep cool. This was the time that the wildfires were burning out in Colorado too, and we drove north up past Colorado Springs which was burning with all the smoke. Kind of nerve wracking at the time because it was so hot, I didn't know/trust OY, and it was still kind of running rough from sitting for so long. It did finally clear out though, and as we headed east across the plains, it became much more fun.
426.JPG

Davids Camera 409.JPG

Davids Camera 439.JPG

444.JPG

It's a shame that this 5th has a bad trans, because you would have to use a trailer or at least a tow bar. But...... it is a very good looking car, and the price is right! Adventure anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back