FOR SALE 1988 Gran Fury squad on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Contact seller
Spotted while perusing CL. It's been listed for a while and the price has dropped $1,000 since I last checked. North central Wisconsin area.
1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Cop Car
dippy.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I must leave in a dream world, I used to buy cop car's for 150.00 with big blocks?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
400s and 440s, 440s not so much but I was in my basement this week and I was tripping over cop car weels. Oh what fun that was.

So is everyone in the Mopar world greedy? My question for you.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I don't know if it's greedy as much as over estimating the interest and demand in a certain vehicle. Plus, for whatever reason, cars are always higher priced in this area. Not just old cars but everyday late model used cars as well and I'm not really sure why that is.

Using the ad above, just peruse the Wausau CL listings and you'll see what I mean.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The underhood looks real good!
It does have the police 4-bbl air cleaner, the police (ie: Heavy Duty) upper fender supports/straps, has an external engine oil cooler, 125 MPH speedo – but is missing the engine oil pressure gauge.

Looks like it is in better condition than a lot of these that I have seen.
I would say it is worth the asking price – as long as car is “drivable”.

Is this car white or light blue?
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
$1,400 is a very reasonable price. Sounds like it doesn't run though. Only thing that would concern me is, the ad says it's been sitting. How long and has it been parked in the weeds the whole time? It appears the tires are sunk into the ground some. The underside would need to be looked at closely. A car sitting in the weeds like that for a year or two is potentially going to have some serious rust after that amount of time.

Note, the plates expired in May 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back