2-door Volare' wagon

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Went looking all over the interweb trying to find some pictures of someone that has done a a 2-door Volare' wagon. Anyone got any pictures ? Post'em if ya got some.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I remember a 2 door wagon that sold for cheap about 10 years ago.

slant6billy

Reaction score
There was an 80 f body 2 door wagon and then a while back there was a 2 door 78 with supercoupe stripes and accents

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's one of those projects I've always had in the back of my mind, if I had the time, space and money to do. Make a 2 door wagon with coupe doors.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
That's one of those projects I've always had in the back of my mind, if I had the time, space and money to do. Make a 2 door wagon with coupe doors.

I seen 1 someone had done and fell in love. He had the money and had loads of cash in it . I think it can be done good on the cheap. All you need is time to figure out what needs to be done.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
A Volareairo or Aspeneno, it would be easier to make a two door pu from a wagon than a two door wagon.
A coupe doors and roof on a wagon body.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Just like the other conversions to an "El Camino/Ranchero", all the ones I recall seeing looked off somehow. They used a 4 door wagon and it ends up where the cab and doors look way too short. It would have to be done with coupe doors. Then there's the problem of the vertical rear edge of the door glass. You'd really need glass that slopes in the rear, otherwise it will end up looking to angular (if that's the word to use). All that also applies to building a 2 door wagon. IF I had the time (don't) and IF I had the extra space to do it (I don't) and IF I had the extra money (also a big nope), I know I could build one, it'd be a fun challenge but,,,,,,having 0 of the 3 main necessities, it'll never happen.:(

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Just like the other conversions to an "El Camino/Ranchero", all the ones I recall seeing looked off somehow. They used a 4 door wagon and it ends up where the cab and doors look way too short. It would have to be done with coupe doors. Then there's the problem of the vertical rear edge of the door glass. You'd really need glass that slopes in the rear, otherwise it will end up looking to angular (if that's the word to use). All that also applies to building a 2 door wagon. IF I had the time (don't) and IF I had the extra space to do it (I don't) and IF I had the extra money (also a big nope), I know I could build one, it'd be a fun challenge but,,,,,,having 0 of the 3 main necessities, it'll never happen.:(
Good epilogue. Synopsis well done/said. But wouldn't it be fun to try, maybe succeed in doing though?

Aspen500

Reaction score
It would be fun but for the reasons I mentioned, the chances of it ever happening are slim and none.

Rampage,,,,,,,completely slipped my mind. Aspenpage? Ramaspen? Hmmmm........:)

4speedjim

Reaction score
Fastest Volareio in the mid west! Thought about doing it with my PT Cruiserio 4 door. Or a convertible PT Cruisaireo... Ive seen a few and they were sharp. Excellent craftsmanship.

Back