WANTED 2bbl intake manifold for 80s small block

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopops

Reaction score
Contact seller
need 2bbl intake for 318-360 with or without carb also linkage for trans n carb in or around the mid hudson valley NY tks g j g

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You are looking for a "318" intake.
A 360 (both 2 and 4-bbl versions) intake has larger intake ports and will have a port mismatch. The same goes for the 318 police engine (which uses 360 heads and manifolds).

In my opinion, sense one is converting away from the factory FI, I would recommend replacing the heavy cast iron intake with an lighter (aluminum) 4-bbl one, like the Edelbrock 2176 (or whatever). This would give you a lot more carburetor choices (or even the newer 4-bbl appearing fuel injection units). Then use Lokar cable setup for kickdown linkage. If you are looking for all of the pieces to begin with, you might as well make it more user friendly.
Also, trying to remove (and replace) that heavy cast iron intake with engine in car, is not easy on the back. The 4-bbl will net you some additional power but not enough to make a lot of difference. I was looking at part availability/difficulty to obtain.
With engine in car, you can not pay me enough to re-install a cast iron intake back on an engine!

If going FI, one might be able to use the existing in-tank fuel pump (possibly).
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Go 4bbl. Don't waste your time on 2.
If you really want one do some random searches on car-part.com or call some local yards and they might be able to come up with one searching their various inventories. At least it saves on shipping that boat anchor.

mopops

Reaction score
If you really want one do some random searches on car-part.com or call some local yards and they might be able to come up with one searching their various inventories. At least it saves on shipping that boat anchor.
and thats why i am looking for parts close to me, shipping, tks

mopops

Reaction score
A 360 (both 2 and 4-bbl versions) intake has larger intake ports and will have a port mismatch. The same goes for the 318 police engine (which uses 360 heads and manifolds).

In my opinion, sense one is converting away from the factory FI, I would recommend replacing the heavy cast iron intake with an lighter (aluminum) 4-bbl one, like the Edelbrock 2176 (or whatever). This would give you a lot more carburetor choices (or even the newer 4-bbl appearing fuel injection units). Then use Lokar cable setup for kickdown linkage. If you are looking for all of the pieces to begin with, you might as well make it more user friendly.
Also, trying to remove (and replace) that heavy cast iron intake with engine in car, is not easy on the back. The 4-bbl will net you some additional power but not enough to make a lot of difference. I was looking at part availability/difficulty to obtain.
With engine in car, you can not pay me enough to re-install a cast iron intake back on an engine!

If going FI, one might be able to use the existing in-tank fuel pump (poss can use pump with regulator pump havent got car yet just trying to line up ducks in row tks

mopops

Reaction score
i probably scraped 20 over the yrs (never throw shit out)

mopops

Reaction score

If going FI, one might be able to use the existing in-tank fuel pump (possibly).
BudW
i got some young blood for help with lifting looking for cheapest route tks again Bud happy new yr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back