360 Mirada CMX in Baton Rouge

sethjof

Reaction score
I'm helping my neighbor clean up his property and he has a Mirada CMX. He claims it has the 360/727 combo and that there wasn't anything wrong with the car when he parked it. Is this drivetrain worth anything? The body of the car is rough because it's sat outside for many years. I'll try to get some pictures loaded next week.

thanks

jasperjacko

Reaction score
If it's an original 360 car, it's worth more together. the motor and trans alone aren't worth much. Imo

mirada80

Reaction score
If it is an original 360 4bbl E58 car it is one of 76 built... Look for the E58 engine code on the fender tag.

fendertag.jpg

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Parts are very hard to find for Miradas and Cordobas...a seemingly rough car still has parts value...please don't let him take it to the crusher for $350...me and I'm sure many others would be interested in buying the complete body regardless of the engine, trans, and/or rear end, and some if it's a complete package...although like Jasper said, it's worth more if it's an E58 code car, but that's totally dependent on your definition of rough. It doesn't take long to have more money in the car than it will ever be worth, but if u love preserving the history of the model, then it's worth the cash it's gonna take.

mirada80

Reaction score
If the windshield and rear corners were good there is a lot of value in it just for those parts.

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
For once it's not a car up in the frozen tundra or in north Canada...ha! I'm close enough if it's for sale at the right price, but looks like we have to wait a few days according to his original message.

sethjof

Reaction score
Disappointing news, my neighbor was mistaken. It's a 318 car, not a 360 car. The windshield looks good, but the rear corners are gone. I'll try to load some pics this weekend.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'd offer to go get it for you, but it is closer for you to drive to baton rouge than to come to me in texas.

sethjof

Reaction score
Sorry that it took so long. The front windshield is not cracked, but has a small chip near the middle of the glass.
--- Post updated ---
The car has been sitting several years. It didn't get flooded, but the area is very humid.
--- Post updated ---
Back end

20160417_130858.jpg

20160417_131009.jpg

20160417_131016.jpg

20160417_131250.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Looks like the rear fender caps are toast. Hard part to get, although some people are working on (good) replacements. There are some fiberglass ones available that don't fit well. Just letting you know what you may be looking at if you are to get it. A windshield with just a chip is a huge bonus.

Last edited:

Kane

Reaction score
Wow that's not bad, worth your attention/love if it's actually a 360 cmx. As somebody stated only 76 came like that. I believe it's what they call a diamond in the rough! ;p

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’d like to get it and make something with it – but wife said I will have me move into the doghouse, if I did.

I was scratching my hairy chin - but then remembered the kids Chihuahua’s hut, isn’t that big . . .

BudW

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Sorry that it took so long. The front windshield is not cracked, but has a small chip near the middle of the glass.
--- Post updated ---
The car has been sitting several years. It didn't get flooded, but the area is very humid.
--- Post updated ---
Back end
Can you post any photos of the interior? And maybe the build code plate under the hood, on top of the drivers side fender...thx

Back