360 MM

CM360

Reaction score
Source for 360 motor mounts? Went to NAPA and they have 318/360 mounts. I know that these were different with the A bodies. Things change with the F? Aspen with 318 but was a roller when I bought it. Mounts gone. THX

mchartier105

Reaction score
318 motor mounts work fine, you just have to be a bit creative with the bolts you use lol you won't be able to use all of the bolt holes in the mount because they don't line up perfectly.

80mirada

Reaction score
the river side ears are closer together on the 360. Use a 318 mount and make a spacer for the rear mount and you will be good. The passenger side is the same on both engines.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
One left mount is skinner than the other side (318 vs. 360) by about ½ inch.

You can get the 318 to work by adding a spacer or washers to one side of it.

My experience on “washered” mounts is bolts have a tendency to loosen on me. Granted it might just be me – but I would recommend finding a Left 360 spool type A, B or C-body mount and you would have no problems.
BudW

80mirada

Reaction score
Schumacher is the only source I have listed as still having a correct left mount. It comes in as part of an expensive pair of mounts

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a quick search on eBay and didn’t find anything (generally, I can).

I did find this listing (again) New Motor Mounts A-body Mopar Plymouth Duster 1973-76 318 340 360 Small Block SB | eBay
I have written these mates a few times to find out if these are for a 318 or for 340/360 for I know the left side is different – and haven’t gotten any reply’s yet.

If I was a betting man, I would bet towards these being for 318 (but I don’t bet). Also, a lack of replies is also tells me volumes.

If you find a used one, they make replacement inserts for them, like this one Pair Motor Mount Inserts A-body Mopar Plymouth 1973-76 318 340 360 Small Block | eBay
I have a few new inserts – but hadn’t replaced one yet.

I do have a couple of Left 360 spool mounts – but I would have to find them first - and that may take me a long time.

I would try FABO and/or FBBO (maybe even FCBO) for I have seen them come up often there.
BudW

CM360

Reaction score
I did not know that inserts were made let alone available. Thanks for that info. I have a nasty pair for a 360. I was thinking to use a polyurethane kit to repair until I discovered how many poly formulations are out there. Some formulations are like jelly when stressed.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Friends of mine has used poly inserts without any problems.

I hadn’t ridden in any of their rides, yet, to make an official report.

Personally, I think poly is too stiff and will transmit engine vibration too easy, but my friends say that is not the case.

I can officially say, IDK.
BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
I think the pioneer brand is the better of those mounts. Even at those prices they are a steal.

Back